“Great Staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salida
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were staying here for seven days and the staff provided a frig and microwave to help save some money from eating out. The room was presentable upon check-in except for the bathroom. There was a "hair" on the bathtub surround. The remainder of the bathroom was clean. We did not have the room cleaned for three days, and the staff only replaced the towels and made the beds. We were expecting clean sheets, but that didn't happen through the trip. The breakfast was good on most days, except for the cheese eggs. The other selections were good. You should note that the main entrance is behind the building. The pool and fitness area are very nice. The laundry equipment is not very good considering the hotel is not that old. The walls are very thin, you can hear you neighbors. The rooms near the elevator are very loud with people coming and going. Luckily, the town shuts down around 8:30pm.

Room Tip: Do you best to get a room away from the main road and the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I like to stay in Hampton hotels. The beds are always comfortable and we sleep well. We like the coffee and tea in the lobby. The man who checked us in was very nice and even called to check on how our room was after checking-in. All the other staff we encountered on our visit were nice as well. We had a mountain view room (away from the Hwy 50). Our first night was Friday, 5/24. We were on the 4th (top) floor as requested. I notice that night as I was washing my face the hot water was just warm. The next morning I took a shower at 6:30 am. The hot water was not hot but I was able to take a warm shower. My husband took his shower around 7:45 am and he did not have any hot water! He was not able to take a shower. I don't know if this is an overall problem with the hotel when it is busy or just a problem with the hot water reaching the 4th floor? The breakfast was the usual Hampton Inn quality. I wanted to say something about the hot water issue but my husband was in a hurry to leave. We were headed to Independence Pass to Aspen.

We checked in again at this hotel on Sunday, 5/26. We had thought about canceling our reservations on 5/26 and staying some place else but we needed to cancel with a 24 hour notice. The hotel was busy because we notice 4 tour buses in the parking lot. We were on the 4th floor again as requested. I had asked to be away from the elevator but we were in a room next to the elevator. Since I knew the hotel was busy, I did not try to get another room. Luckily we did not hear any noise from the elevator. We were on the Hwy 50 side of the hotel this time. We did hear some traffic noise in the evening but none after we went to bed. This room was not as clean as the room we had Friday night. I notice the bathroom floor had not been swept or cleaned. It seem the bathroom vanity, mirror were not cleaned either. Luckily the rest of the room seem clean. Since we saw the 4 tour buses in the parking lot we made sure to take our showers very early the next morning to avoid getting cold shower. We both took our showers before 6 am and had no issues with cold water coming from the hot water faucet. The hotel was quite and we slept well. The breakfast was better on Monday (Memorial Day) morning.

If you stay here just take your shower before 8 am.

Tips: We tried several restaurants while in town. The Boathouse, Twisted Cork, and Amicas were all very good. The Boathouse is bar restaurant next to the river. Twisted Cork takes reservations and has a nice outdoor patio. We went to Amicas Pizza at 4 pm (off time) on Sunday and still had a wait.

Room Tip: Request a room with Mountain view if you wan to avoid the road noise from Hwy 50.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Hampton Inn is fine, nothing particularly notable about it but it was clean, well-maintained, and the hotel staff was pleasant. My granddaughter and I are on a long road trip so we are only looking for good comfort and service without frills and that was provided. Breakfast was fine, quite a few choices that were okay, only the coffee was the weak, American hotel stuff. .The setting is beautiful but avoid the sports bar restaurant across the street which offered very bad takeout. Roadside hotel/motels should offer MAPS for sale!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stay in Hilton properties for work all the time. I've stayed in some good and some pretty bad. The Hampton Inn in Saida is one of the good ones.

Our room was very clean and ready when we arrived. The staff was extremely friendly and infamous free breakfast was perfect.

Great place to stay.

1  Thank Jon B
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I usually prefer a suite over a regular room. The room we stayed in was one of the nicest I've stayed in! Front desk personnel was very accomodating and very friendly. I would reccommend to anyone wanting to stay in the Salida area. We travel that area quite often and we WILL stay again! Very Very Happy With Our Stay! :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our stay here was absolutely wonderful. The hotel personnel were extremely friendly, warm & helpful. The beds were very comfortable, and the bedding soft and clean and cushy. The hotel breakfast was delicious, with a complete assortment of warm & cold selections. This was one of the swankiest hotels we stayed at, on a 10-day driving vacation.
We selected this hotel on the recommendation of a retired massage therapist from Howard CO, who agreed to meet us, after 3,000 miles of road travel. (This therapist is a family friend....if she weren't retired, I'd recommend her right here!)
The down-side of this hotel is its clientele, would you believe? We stayed across the West & Midwest -- beautiful places, and depressed agricultural towns off the interstate. I met some of the whiniest customers here, of any of the places we stayed on our whole trip. People in their BMWs carrying ski paraphernalia -- snatching luggage carriers out from under little old Grandmas like myself -- wanking to the employees about the food and the towels and.....well, what sounded to me, like trying to talk the front desk into giving them a discount, based on trumped-up complaints.
This is an exceptional hotel, a little more expensive, but a sparkling clean facility, with a swift professional staff -- you'll have an extremely comfortable stay here, if you can overlook some of the people you have to listen to, at breakfast & check-out! :-)

Room Tip: Can't go wrong. Maybe carry the room tray down to breakfast, so you can enjoy your meal in the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First time staying here...was pleased with the room, cleanliness and parking. The breakfast was fabulous - lots of variety, hot and cold items and fruit. Much better than most offerings in the price range. Only complaint was the internet connection - signal wasn't great in the room, and you have to enter payment information if you accumulate charges. Most hotels just require an access key to get online. I will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salida
1 mi away
Monarch Mountain Lodge
Monarch Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Monarch
Baymont Inn & Suites Salida

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Salida? Share your experiences!