“Another trip to Salida and the boathouse - this is better than #10~!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boathouse Cantina

Boathouse Cantina
Ranked #5 of 62 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Boathouse Cantina in Salida, CO we believe in supporting our local businesses and local artists. That's why we only serve the freshest local organic produce.
Arlington, Texas
“Another trip to Salida and the boathouse - this is better than #10~!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a better place than the #10 rating it gets today on Tripadvisor. We returned two years after our first review and found it even better than before.
We always come in mid afternoon to avoid a crowd. We ask for a table at the Arkansas river where we watch the river, people, dogs, and fish enjoying the water below.
This trip we had lunch and drinks - as is our norm. The meals here are large and tasty. It matters not what you order. I personally like their green chili - although it is hot but not overly so. None of our group could finish the large portions.
As for drinks, the menu is large. The drinks are large and can be quite strong - and are made well. The grandmothers in our group tried a new drink called the horny grandma and testified to it's variety and strength of liquor.
The prices are reasonable, the food good and plentiful. The atmosphere is good and the scenry is good. What is your doubt?
We can recommend this place again after our visit a couple of years ago - and we are already planning our return trip!

Austin, Texas, United States
“Marvelous food and amazing views on the Arkansas River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My son and I had a total of 6 meals here! Obviously, we loved it. My favorite was a special BLT with a salad. The BLT was like nothing I'd ever had before. Plentiful, great tasting bacon, avocado, tasty tomatoes. Everything was fresh and delightful. And it was great to have open windows, and watch kayakers and swimmers playing in the river. (River was low this time of year.) Waitstaff was attentive and helpful.
Can't wait to go there again!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Moorhead, Minnesota
“Great place to go after rafting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I will admit it. I chose this place based on their menu of specialty drinks but the food was even better. I ordered one of their steak burritos. The steak wasn't dry and the sauce was very good. It wasn't smothered in cheese, which is how I like it. The salsa was delicious. The drinks were good, although I found my Mai Tai to be a little sharp for my taste.

I requested a table on their enclosed patio and the hostess found the perfect table overlooking the river. This place is worth going to just for that view, the food and drinks are the best bonuses.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a great location. Be sure and get a seat by the window looking down on the river. The servicer was slow and she seemed a little spaced out (and not only with our table). We had to search for someone to get us the check when we were done. The burger was good. The jalapeno poppers were good but a little overdone. The shirmp appetizer was okay, a little overdone too.

Visited August 2013
Carrollton, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fun place to eat on the river!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

good food, great service and cold beer - a nice way to end a day of travel into the area. a great location right on the river and free wifi!

Visited August 2013