“Surprisingly good”

Boathouse Cantina
Ranked #4 of 59 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Boathouse Cantina in Salida, CO we believe in supporting our local businesses and local artists. That's why we only serve the freshest local organic produce.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We came back to the small town of Salida for a second visit because we really liked it on our way west to Mesa Verde. Having found Cortez a bit of a let down (Mesa Verde truly amazing though) and Gunnison and Crested Butt lacking in social buzz and character Salida was a small gem - at least worth a second stop over. It is a pretty little town and the river area is a great place for relaxing after a long day.
We eat at the Boathouse in the evening and had really nice, reasonably priced meal. The food is American with a Mexican flavour. My salad was freshly made and there wasn't any creamy sauce or dressing smothering my food. Portions are very good, the beer is good too.
It is a good sign if you wonder in a restaurant whether you will have the chance to return. Should we ever travel around Colorado again i would be happy to sit in front of the river and eat the same meal.

1  Thank Lisa-Lan

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Nicely situated on the river and larger than it appears from the outside. Front room was under rehab (10/12), but didn't notice that once you were seated. Excellent microbrew selection from regional breweries. The food was way better than you might think walking in. Much of the menu was Hispanic but "kicked up a notch". We were very pleasantly surprised by both the beer, the food and the service.

Would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank woodspinner
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have had some issues with poor service in the past at this restaurant but went back last night and were pleasantly surprised with both great service and great food. My wife had the fish tacos and she has been disappointed with them at several other restaurants but she said these were awesome. I had the Boathouse rellenos and they were very different than most I have had but they were very good. We will be going back soon!

1  Thank skiguy07
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've been frequenting the Boathouse for years and I've always left more than happy. The second you walk in the door you're greeted by the best staff in town-they never disappoint. Everyone from the managers to the bussers work as a unit, it's apparent in how well the place functions. The food is unique and tasty. My favorites are the fish tacos and the Aloha burger. I'll continue to visit here often!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Love the chile rellenos and cold beer --- sit outside and watch the kayakers on the Arkansas River! Fun place for tourists, cyclists, skiers, locals, etc.