Mountain Goat Lodge
Browns Canyon Inn(Salida)(Great Value!)
$90
$148
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn(Salida)(Great Value!)
$159
ComfortInn
Salida Inn & Monarch Suites(Salida)(Great Value!)
$115
$94
Silver Ridge Lodge(Salida)(Great Value!)
$86
$95
Official Site
$140
Priceline
All reviewsgoatcheese making classyogurtthe barnbreakfast each morningfun to watchhot tubother guestsespresso drinksthe ownerlove animalsa hootfenced areawonderful hostsfresh eggsviews of the mountainscinnamon rolls
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed here as a group and the accomodation is very good with big clean rooms in a fantastic setting. Breakfast was not what i had expected from the reviews on here and was pretty much a take it or leave it basis with limited offerings if you did not want what had been cooked that day. Gina could benefit from a hospitality course as she seemed to blow hot and cold and at times we felt like we were more of an inconvenience to her as opposed to paying guests who handed over a lot of money for a room for the night (we were there for 6 nights so had plenty of time to make an assesment) she even got upset one day when a few of us went off to Colorado Springs for the day and didnt eat the breakfast as we wanted to be on the road early. Antoinette the cook/housekeeper was much friendlier. Overall a nice place to stay and maybe our experience would have been different as a couple.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have fantastic views
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eddie_Aberdeen
Mountaingoatlodge, Owner at Mountain Goat Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Regarding breakfast choices, dietary restrictions, etc.-- If we know about it in advance it is very helpful. When your group was here, we specifically asked about certain menu choices and actually revised our normal offerings to fit your groups requests. As for my Hospitality, my time was extremely limited due to a busier than normal promotion that was causing me to be on the phone from 5am until 10pm daily, in addition to the demands of the goat farm that I run. So, I do apologize if you didn't get the 100% Gina personality that people know and love! I do appreciate your kind words about my assistant Antoinette - when I am unable to be "on duty" (24 hours a day) I am relieved to know that Antoinette is there to take such good care of our guests -and for that, she is doing her job!

Reviewed March 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed four nights at the Mountain Goat Lodge and loved every minute. This B&B had it all. From the luxury of a hot tub on a crisp and clear Colorado night to the grit of REAL farm work in the Goat Husbandry class (and don't forget to sign up for making cheese!). The baby goats (kids) were simply adorable, Gina's passion for her animals was contagious, and the other guests were warm and welcoming. Other perks were the full access movie channels, the spot-on restaurant recommendations, and the best French toast I have had in a long time. P.S. Get the full farm experience, bring an old pair of jeans and shirt and get in with the goats.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mountaingoatlodge, Owner at Mountain Goat Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words - we really enjoy the goats and the classes, esp. when students are so enthusiastic! Hope you can come back real soon!

Reviewed March 8, 2012

My husband and I recently spent 3 days at Mountain Goat Lodge and enjoyed every second of it. The setting is breathtaking and the lodge is beautifully decorated and very comfortable. I loved that there were several different sitting areas, the library upstairs and a large, inviting living room downstairs. The guest rooms were large, each very tastefully decorated and with large windows to enjoy the views. The breakfasts were delicious, and extremely generous. We skiied at Monarch Mountain while there, and couldn't wait to get back in the afternoon for the hot tub. It's set on a raised deck with 360 degree views, the water was hot, and afternoon snacks were provided. So relaxing! The goats, especially the newborns, are so cute and add a truly unique element to the lodge. We highly recommend you visit Gina, the goats, and enjoy this special lodge.

Room Tip: The Princeton is on the back of the lodge and has beautiful mountain views to wake up to. I honestly don't think there's a bad room in the lodge. Just check online for the decor you prefer.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2012

You never know how the website will match the reality of your selection. And this B & B is absolutely superb! Being a dog owner, finding a truly animal-friendly place is so important - and Mt.Goat Lodge is incredible. The accommodations are wonderful, comfortable, clean -just top notch all the way around. My dogs had run of house when I was around and got plenty of hugs and kisses from the guests and other pets.
The best was watching a baby goat being born - unbelievable. And got to hold them - so sweet.
Oh, and the cheese-making class - well, I'm not a cook in any sense of the word, but even I caught on! Feta, Chevre, Panier, Yogurt, Ricotta and Mozzarella! With samples to take home. What a treat.
The breakfasts are outstanding - enough for the whole day! And a different breakfast each day (I was there 3 nights). Eggs from her chickens, milk and yogurt from her goats - baked goods - and coffee any way you like it! Gina's a barista to boot!
So bottom line - 10 stars if there is such a rating. And very reasonable. The best is that she attracts really nice guests too - all the better!
Enjoy - don't miss this experience. And the town is darling.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Stayed in a suite one night - really nice and roomy and great views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Andy M
Mountaingoatlodge, Owner at Mountain Goat Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

I am always pleased to get such good reviews, (but also fear we will disappoint future guests with maybe too high of expectations) At the MGL we try hard to make our guests feel comfortable, and we are VERY informal. I am glad you enjoyed the cheese class, and esp. glad the timing worked out for you to witness a kidding - the first of this year! Your sweet dogs were a hit, and we cant wait for you all to come back again.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

We have been traveling to bed and breakfast inns for about 30 years. For the first time, we traveled with our older big dog. Our experience could not have been better. The Mountain Goat Inn is beautiful. The setting is spectacular. The bed was cozy and the breakfasts were delicious. The goats were so fun to watch. Our dog was greeted and always made comfortable. If you go, and you should, ask Gina to play the piano.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple