“Light-hearted Adventure”
Review of Captain Zipline

Captain Zipline
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Zipline is now an Adventure Park! Come and play in our canyon on our best-in-the-west Canyon Aerial Course ... Fly across our ziplines while on the Lost Canyon Zipline Tour ... Or climb the cliffs while attached to a safety tether on our Via Ferrata Courses! Captain Zipline has created an amazing "jungle gym" in the canyon--a challenge course with elements such as swinging bridges, tightropes, cargo nets, balance beams, a trapeze, etc. The tour has over 100 elements with courses that are rated like those of the ski resorts--from entry level to black diamond! Guests can now book the Canyon Aerial Course and Zipline tours online. We also have a new Visitor's Center, located only about 1 mile from the Park. This Center is our NEW Meeting Place for ALL TOURS: 1500 County Road 45, Salida, CO 81201.
College Station, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Light-hearted Adventure”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband and I travelled to Salida with four international students from China. In looking for activities, we happened upon Captain Zipline and thought we would give it a go--we were glad that we did! Our guides, Randy and Pat, were very professional but made our tour very fun with their jokes and light-hearted spirit. I have been on several ziplines in my travels, but have never been taken through a "beginner line." Their careful attention to safety was very appreciated with our students. With them being from China, a lot of the verbal instruction is lost in translation. With the practice line, they were able to actually "try" all of the motions of zipping before actually getting on the course. We all enjoyed our tour and would do it again! My husband was pretty disappointed that our short trip did not allow for us to do the challenge course. We will have to try that on our next trip!

Visited March 2014
Amused4Ever, Manager at Captain Zipline, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Wow, what a thrill to entertain an international audience--and, we are sure glad that we put them at ease and they felt safe, that way they were destined to enjoy the tour. Thanks for visiting with us and try to get back here in the future to do the Canyon Aerial Course!

Littleton, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Thanks for a fantastic experience for my family yesterday. Early in my career I was a Ropes Course Director for many years, so I have a critical eye of Ariel Parks. Your course is top-notch! Your staff were professional, knowledgeable and provided a wonderful opportunity for my kids (ages 10 and 12), and my husband and myself. We will definitely be back multiple times! My kids said it was their favorite experience from our weekend getaway. Keep up the great work!

Visited March 2014
Michelle--thanks for the feedback. Sure do appreciate your background in the business and your summary that we did a good all-around job. Hope to see you back here again.
Monument, Colorado
“Amazing outdoor fun!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Both the zipline and the aerial park at Captain Zipline are amazing. Either stands on it's own as a destination. I can't wait to return to try more challenges on the aerial course followed by a zipline over the canyon. It is a rush! The guides are all fun, pleasant, and safety conscious too.

Visited December 2013
Littlefield, Texas
“Amazing fun for everyone!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We were traving through Colorado on a road trip and little did we know that our stop through Salida was going to be the most memorable. Our zip line tour ROCKED they have the absolute best tour guides and the best zip line park. Our adventure didn't end there the town was just as welcoming they have great places to eat and great places to sit back and enjoy a cold one. Definitely will be going back soon for some reason you will feel like family when you visit Salida. Mike H

Visited December 2013
Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Expensive Day but Fun”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Captains and there is a lot more going on than just zipline. It's an adventure park but it just costs too much!

Visited September 2013