“Awesome zip lines and staff”
Review of Captain Zipline

Captain Zipline
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Zipline is now an Adventure Park! Come and play in our canyon on our best-in-the-west Canyon Aerial Course ... Fly across our ziplines while on the Lost Canyon Zipline Tour ... Or climb the cliffs while attached to a safety tether on our Via Ferrata Courses! Captain Zipline has created an amazing "jungle gym" in the canyon--a challenge course with elements such as swinging bridges, tightropes, cargo nets, balance beams, a trapeze, etc. The tour has over 100 elements with courses that are rated like those of the ski resorts--from entry level to black diamond! Guests can now book the Canyon Aerial Course and Zipline tours online. We also have a new Visitor's Center, located only about 1 mile from the Park. This Center is our NEW Meeting Place for ALL TOURS: 1500 County Road 45, Salida, CO 81201.
Wilmington, Delaware
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome zip lines and staff”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I were in Salida for skiing in the beginning of February. Even though it was the off season and we were the only people zip lining that day the staff at Captain Zipline came out and gave us an awesome experience. Not only did we have a blast zip lining the guides knew tons of information about the gorge and the surrounding mountains. There was also a platform partway through the lines that gave an amazing view of the river and valley. I'd recommend it just for the zip lines but the guides really put this place over the top.

Visited February 2013

Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fast & Fun”
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife, two girls (9,12), and I went on this tour over the summer. It rained during our ride, but that didn't bother us at all. The lines were fast and pretty exciting. The guides were also very professional and courteous. I will say that if you have zip lined elsewhere and especially outside the US, this ride may seem a little tame. E.g., zip lines in Costa Rica are probably more challenging. We probably would not do again unless they do the night rides. We definitely want to the night lines with them!

1 Thank Chad K
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I just now finished our tour. Since it's winter and business is slow it was just the two of us. So essentially we had a private tour. The guides were fabulous and extremely knowledgable about the history and geography of the area. I am in no way athletic and on the upper side of middle aged and I had a blast. Our guides are obviously well able to work with whatever you bring to the table physically. I will definitely be back. Maybe even withe grand kids.

Arlington, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

First of all I would like to appologize for taking so long to write this. Summer before last my wife and I went on our first zipline experience. Although it was everything we had hoped for, it was the following incident, that made the whole thing memorable. In the group that went with us, there were these 4 friends who had taken this trip from Kansas. We found out that it was in memory of a fellow worker who had passed in a helicopter crash, as they were all paramedics. The 5 had planned the trip well in advance and weeks before, thier friend had parrished. In the group was this young lady, who was small in stature, but large in size. She had difficulty reaching the zipline while hanging on her harness. This posses a problem as they use hand breaking to control your decent, and not a braking system. Rather than tell the woman that she would not be able to zipline and take the easy way out and refund the money, the 2 staff members got to planning. They devised with the help of other harnesses, a way for her to be supported upright, thus allowing both hands to be in use during her ziplineing. Kootoos to the staff for taking the extra effort to, I'm sure make their experience as wonderful as all of ours were. We would highly recommend Captain Zipline for zip lineing while in Colorado.

Thanks Dave & Keri Cox (Arlington, Tx.)

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Dave C
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Captain Zipline was GREAT!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Had a perfect day trip with Captain Zipline in Salida, Colorado.
Hosts were very knowledgable and had prior experience. Worked with each person
in the group to ensure that they were cognizant of what to and how do execute during the zipline.
They were very professional, but at the same time were able to be friendly. They made the trip very personable.
The scenery was amazing ---- Minor hiking (walks) from one zipline to the other. I'm not in amazing shape and I did not have any issues.
I would recommend Captain Zipline to friends. I am planning on going back next spring.
GREAT and FUN Time.