“Fun and safe” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Captain Zipline

Captain Zipline
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Zipline is now an Adventure Park! Come and play in our canyon on our best-in-the-west Canyon Aerial Course ... Fly across our ziplines while on the Lost Canyon Zipline Tour ... Or climb the cliffs while attached to a safety tether on our Via Ferrata Courses! Captain Zipline has created an amazing "jungle gym" in the canyon--a challenge course with elements such as swinging bridges, tightropes, cargo nets, balance beams, a trapeze, etc. The tour has over 100 elements with courses that are rated like those of the ski resorts--from entry level to black diamond! Guests can now book the Canyon Aerial Course and Zipline tours online. We also have a new Visitor's Center, located only about 1 mile from the Park. This Center is our NEW Meeting Place for ALL TOURS: 1500 County Road 45, Salida, CO 81201.
Elkhart, Indiana
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun and safe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was a stop with a tour group for a Colorado Family Adventure Trip. The facility is off the beaten path and a little hard to find. Employee told our bus driver that 45' buses came up all the time; this could NOT have been the case. If it wasn't for our driver being VERY experienced, or if the terrain would have been a little wet at all, our bus would have NEVER made the climb. Driver had to get out and move rocks that prevented him from making difficult sharp turns. Tree limbs also scratched the heck out of our bus, but owner offered to pay the charter company for any repairs, which we thought was above and beyond expectations. Would have been better if the few large cargo vans we saw at the top would have just hauled our group from the bottom up. Anyway, the experience was a first for all 40 of us. Captains took us in 3 large groups, each group had two guides. Our guides were Preston and Josh; AWESOME!!! These two guys showed our entire group, especially the kids, the time of their life. I saw other reviews that said short and quick, but we had never done this and didn't know what to expect. Guides were very safety savvy, and made sure we were all comfortable with what we were doing before we did it. We thought the runs were long enough; we were on a time constraint anyway. Small hikes between runs were fun; gave the guides and us time to get to know each other and enjoy the scenery too. Facility is looking to add longer and additional runs, but it takes money. So, the more people that go and experience this attraction, the more they can add. 10 girls in our group ranged in age from 8 to 18 and couldn't get enough of Preston and Josh. They were even willing to take extra pictures with hugs and all afterward. Tour group had to hear about Preston, Preston, Preston for the next 24 hours. This is a very safe, fun, enjoyable attraction for any age!! Oldest in our group was in her 70's. She didn't think she could muscle the runs herself, so Preston and Josh took turns going double with her---she was just thrilled----and she even talked about Preston, Preston, Preston.

East Jordan, MI
5 attraction reviews
“Great Adventure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

A visit from a friend inspired us to go zip-lining. I was not planning on going, but when we arrived I was strongly encouraged to go and I am glad I did. The owner was very encouraging and so were all his guides. They were great at teaching the techniques and safety of the course. Although I was very afraid for the first part of the course, the guide's encouragement helped lots. I began to enjoy it and now want to go again. To be able to see all around you as you zip along is so amazing. I would encourage it to be a part of your Colorado experience.

Wylie, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our 3rd visit to Colorado, first time zipping. Their guides were OUTSTANDING! Josh, Shawn and Preston were fun, knowledgeable, and very safety conscious.
Plenty of time spent going over safety, practice time. Very open to the whims of the group (speed up, slow down, etc) left promptly on time, guides were very conscious of their language and I would not hesitate to bring my kids back. In fact, we are planning a trip back with the kids next summer.

Highly recommend to couples, families, and large groups. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will be back!

OKC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Short and quick, but fun!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I took my son to where I spent every summer as a child and we decided to try Capt Zipline. When they say you need to be in good physical shape they mean it. I have MS and did have some problems climping to the next zipline course, so keep that in mind when you book. Our guides were awesome and they were very helpful, funny and informative. Didnt really see any animals like they make it sound but its still a beautiful place My only complaints is that a storm was coming up and we were rushed thru the course and didnt get to do some of the courses because of the weather, which I know is out of their hands but it was kinda a bummer. A refund or coupon off next adventure might have made it alittle easier to take, And I would have loved to have a photographer on site. My son didnt get great pics and so i have none of me ziplining. I think they would be able to make alittle extra off of a photographer on site maybe.. But I do hope they continue with the courses, would love some longer rides. Overall I think they are onto something really great and just a few things need tweaked and I will be back in a couple of years to try it again, hopefully in better shape!!

Visited June 2012
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had a blast. I am 62 and my kids insisted a take part. I was scared to death. But I must say I had a great time. It was scary, but very fun watching my family (ages 7-62).........do it !!!! I still can't believe they ever talked me into this.