“Totally worth it”
Review of The Eatery - CLOSED

The Eatery
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I had heard that the Eatery was a "greasy spoon" but decided to try it anyway. I'm so glad I did! The food was very good, the portions were huge and the price was incredibly low. Service was awesome! We walked in around 1:50 pm not knowing that they closed at 2 pm and they had no complaints with serving us. I've been to places before where they will grumble, basically treat you like dirt and try to rush you out as soon as possible. Not here, they were as friendly from the minute we walked in to the minute we walked out. I will definitely go back to the Eatery.

1  Thank kboyle

Reviewed October 1, 2011

Decent breakfast stop very reasonably priced with a mix of travelers and locals patrons

Service was excellent and friendly. Coffee was good.

1  Thank Freelancer21
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I had gone in for breakfast a few years ago and ordered a breakfast burrito. I had taken a few bites then I realized there was hair wrapped up in my burrito!! And I don't mean a little, I mean A LOT!!! Like whoever was cooking that day was deliberately sabotaging the food! I brought it to the waitress' attention and she rather unaplogetically asked if I wanted a new one! I told her absolutely not!!! I have not set foot in that place since... If you want good, safe food, go to the Country Bounty or The Patio...

Reviewed July 8, 2010

The Eatery is a small, friendly place with good "home-cooked" meals. The breakfast burrito is top notch. Good place for lunch, and located right on US Highway 50 in Salida.