“Comfortable and clean”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Rifle
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Rifle
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We spent a very comfortable night at this La Quinta. The room was large and clean with free Wi-fi. The business center was equipped with a computer, printer and scanner. Breakfast offered quite a few choices and the bacon was very good. Overall a very nice stay. We would definitely stay here again only on the top floor.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and had someone above us who clomped and thudded around (not quite sure...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 1, 2011

Rifle is a small town that we chose only because it was a mid-point on our trip. We thought we would just have a typical chain hotel, but were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this La Quinta. The desk clerk was VERY friendly, offering helpful tips for nearby restaurants. The room was large, clean and comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. And all of this for an incredibly low price. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Rifle area, or making the journey between Salt Lake City and Denver.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2011

There just wasn't anything major with which to fault this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean, beds comfortable, bathroom large and well supplied with white fluffy towels and decent-sized bars of soap. Wireless internet, computer desk, and office chair made it easy to use a laptop computer. The breakfast was outstanding for a complimentary hotel breakfast. The scrambled eggs and bacon were really good. And there was something to appeal to just about everyone, from cold cereal to waffles to the eggs and bacon. The only negatives were very minor. The window curtains wouldn't close all the way. There was about a three-inch gap remaining. We've run into this problem often enough in other hotels, though, that I carry a safety pin or clip to hold the curtains closed. The lighting in the bathroom was a little dim, and the refrigerator didn't seem to keep things as cold as we would have liked. But the overall quality of this hotel was so good, especially for the price, that we plan to stop here again in a few weeks.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is a relatively new property on the south side of Interstate 70. The room was standard, but clean. Breakfast was better than the norm (as compared to Hampton, Holiday Inn Express, and similar national chains). For example, the scrambled eggs did not feel like powder in your mouth and the bacon was not lying in a pool of grease. I was surprised when the woman maintaining the breakfast room asked us if everything was all right. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Stayed there about two weeks during august-sept 2011. Since I checked out and in a few times I tried many different rooms. I was totally happy with all of them. From the small (well, not that small actually) single queen bed to the extended king suite. The latest is great if you're staying and have to work, Very ample space and a very nice desk. In all the rooms the bed and pillows were comfortable, bathrooms are clean, nice and convenients. I also concur with another review saying the decoration of the rooms is quite pleasant.

Besides the rooms layout/equipment, something which made my stay very enjoyable was the staff attitude. Smiling and helpfull (one of them is even laughing all day, kind of puts you in a nice mood :) Also I was sometimes working all day long in the room, around 11am somebody would gently knock at the door to service the room. Seeing the room was occupied they would say "sorry I'll come back later". I would sneak out for 20-30mn to grab a bite anytime from 12 to 3pm and when I came back the room was done! I joked with myself, "How do they do that, they must be hiding waiting for me to go out ..."
The "business center" is small but not busy so its ok, and it has a printer and a scanner, which was quite convenient.
There is a little terrace outside on each side of the building (East and West), nice to have your breakfast with the rising sun (when the weather is ok of course).

All and all, I am very satisfied with my stay in this hotel. I was 6,000+ miles away from home and office, yet I worked as comfortably as if I was home.

Another thing. When I arrived, I was a wee bit afraid of the noise due to the proximity of the I-70 but once inside the room it is quite ok and it didn't bother me. If you're really worried, the hotel is built in such a way you can have a room with the exposition you want (North, East, South or West), so you can just take your pick depending of what you prefer (away from the I70, see the sunset or the sunrise ...)

Room Tip: As said above, take a room with the exposition you prefer (N, E, S, or W). I quite enjoyed the rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Gr8place2stay, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rifle, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Hi.. Your picture looks great:) We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay. We loved having you and look forward to your next stay with us. Let us know when the family comes to the states and we will be sure to get you into one our 2 room suites. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

We were told by a competitor that we wouldn't be able to stay at a "chain hotel" in Rifle, as we accidently left our credit card at a brother's house in Monument. We went directly across the street and was able to put up a $100 deposit and stay in a very nice, comfortable, clean room. We can't thank you enough for accomdodating us. We've traveled a lot through the years and found this to be a hotel that truly wanted our business. We also enjoyed Charlie's. Thanks for recommending a good place to eat. LaQuinta in Spanish, "Got you covered". Thanks for doing just that!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Gr8place2stay, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rifle, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I am delighted to hear we could help you out in a jam. At La Quinta -Rifle, we do pride our selves on doing whatever we can can to ensure our guests have a worry free travel experience. Thanks again for sharing and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

I was traveling during a late spring snowstorm with my pets and stopped in to this gorgeous new La Quinta for the night. It was quiet, beautiful, and easy to find, if you can figure out the roundabouts. There was a terrific paved walk between the hotel and a huge Wal-Mart shopping center ¼ mile away, across a huge field, so there were ample dog-walking areas.

The rooms were beautifully decorated with western décor and granite, had the usual amenities (hair dryer, fridge, and microwave) and were spotless. The front desk staff employees were efficient and pleasant. Overall, a great place to stop, especially with dogs. I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Gr8place2stay, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rifle, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We are thrilled to receive such a positive review. We appreciate your business more than we can say. We know you had other choices for accommodations but, chose us:) Thank you for noting our unique western cultured art in our rooms and commons areas. While many hotels choose to be part of a "cookie cutter" image, we really try to give the guests a bit of the Colorado feel. Thanks again for your time and business, and we hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rifle
Hampton Inn & Suites Rifle
#2 of 24 in Glenwood Springs
Grand Vista Hotel
Grand Vista Hotel
#2 of 5 in Parachute

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Rifle? Share your experiences!