“Italian Cuisine in Rifle Colorado”
Review of DeMarco's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The Wife and I decided to take our date night to a relatively new Restaurant in Rifle, DeMarco's Italian Restaurant. Quite the change from the Mexican cuisine we usually partake in on a Friday night. Upon our arrival, the appearance was very nice. I personally thought it was a bit bright, but the ambiance was nice. Not the usual colors for an Italian venue but again, nice. The service was very good. The staff were very polite and professional throughout our evening. The Italian sodas were very good. We chose the mozzarella sticks for an appetizer. They were pretty good. My dinner salad was pretty good although I personally would've cared for less tomatoes and carrots in my salad. My wife ordered the Antipasto and was very pleased with it. I initially ordered the Lasagna. A few minutes after our order was placed a different waitress came over to the table and informed me that they were out of Lasagna and asked what other choice I would prefer. I opted for the Spaghetti with Meatballs. Not as spicy as what I thought it might be, but not too bland either, but I thought it could've used a bit more flavor. Nonetheless, I thought it was pretty good. Lots of sauce if you like that. The bread served almost immediately was pretty good. For desert, we opted for Canoli's. Although we were used to the filling being a bit more frozen, they were delicious! I gave a very good rating mostly because of the service, the Canoli's, Italian Soda's, the appetizer and my Wife's opinion of her meal. That all outweighed my meal and the fact that I really wanted the Lasagna. The prices were reasonable as well. Not as Romantic a venue as I would've liked. My thoughts...remove the televisions from the place. (reflected in my review for lack of Romance) My Wife and I will be back to give this venue and their menu a few more tries. We will be recommending this venue to others.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Just an average place. Bread was not fresh. Severed with a tomato sauce type of spread. With nothing to use to put it on bread. Guess you dip it!

Asked the waitress if it was authentic food and she couldn't give me an answer. I understand now

Wife had spaghetti with Italian sausage that to be honest taste like it came out of a can.

My son and I had Alfredo Cajun chicken which was just ok.
Booth seats are very uncomfortable.

Not sure how long they will be in business at this pace.

I usually try to give a place 2 chances. Wife said never again.

Oh and when in an Italian restaurant I am surprised to hear Spanish between employees.

1  Thank WesintheRockies
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Recently opened Demarcos Fettucine restaurant is in downtown Rifle, West.Third Street. In a town of several Mexican places, it is very welcome to have a real italian restaurant. The menu is like one in a bigger city: shrimp scampi, mussels in tomato sauce, every kind of pasta, eggplant, salads, chicken dishes, and full bar. The decor is very classy too, hard to find in a place like Rifle. Good, attentive service. Looking forward to a retunr visit!

1  Thank Elaine H