“Nice Stop Along The Way”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rifle Falls

Rifle Falls
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Rifle
Chapala, Mexico
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Nice Stop Along The Way”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

The park is a beautiful 25 min drive from Rifle,Co. The day we went it had been raining off and on and the area was very wet so we had to watch our step along the way. They have the honor system. At the front gate there are envelopes for you to fill out your lic. tag number and deposit $7.00 per car. There are maps next to the box you deposit the money in. There were a few travel trailers in the front of the park for those who want to camp there. There is one large water fall and some nice smaller falls. If you live in the area or passing by it´s a good stop.

Visited May 2011

Colorado
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Gorgeous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

In a little known town names Rifle, located just off I-70 about 60 miles east of Grand Junction. Take the time to exit at Exit 90 and explore this little known gem. Great for the whole family!. An easy hike and gorgeous waterfalls. Worth the time to make a side trip!

Visited June 2010
Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

This is very much worth the short drive from I-70 at the Rifle exit. It surprised me how beautiful it was. The walk/hike is minimal, I did it with a toddler. The river from the falls allows for kids (or big kids at heart) to get in and swim/paddle. The falls and the caves are spectacular. There are several picnic spots but I would reccomend taking some coals and some meat to grill at the picnic spot right at the base of the falls.

4 Thank nicaliw
Fort Worth, Texas
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 554 helpful votes
“taste of eden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2006

My family and I visited Rifle Falls State Park in June 2006. Little mention is made of the park in any travel books or websites, but we have always been fascinated by waterfalls so we had to explore the place. Staying in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, we drove the 41 mile trip to Rifle Falls State Park and practically had the park to ourselves. The main attraction of the park is the waterfalls which is a trio of water streams that gush down a limestone cliff. This force of nature also carves small caves into the cliffs which can easily be explored. A series of trails provides stunning views, some views are even behind the falls themselves. The trails are easy to walk, even for a city slicker like myself. Some good camping sites and fishing spots are also in Rifle Falls State Park. I am glad we went and would recommend it highly to anyone who appreciates the beauty of waterfalls.

13 Thank randallboy