“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rifle
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I just stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites, Rifle this past weekend and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. My sister & I were visiting family in the area and just needed a hotel for one night and didn't really expect much when we booked the Hampton but it was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at (and as a business traveler I have stayed at quite a few hotels.) The room was clean, bright, and smelled new. There were ample soft, plush towels - even extra washcloths! The beds were super nice - firm but with a super comfortable pillow top. The pillows were so comfortable -no stiff necks here! I think I slept better there than I usually do at home! It was quiet - never even heard any of our neighbors come or go. And the complimentary breakfast was really good. There was a hot egg dish, waffles, cereal, sweet rolls, toast, hard boiled eggs, juices, fresh fruit and really good coffee. The staff was helpful, pleasant and glad I was there. I wished we were staying longer and I can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Vancouver WA
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I'll just echo what everybody else has already said about this particular Hampton Inn - IT'S GREAT! I especially liked all the "green" features, including a few special spots for fuel-efficient vehicles. My motorcycle gets an average of 45 mpg so I took advantage of this up-close parking spot. I also liked the breakfast selections, and the close-by Rib City restaurant for dinner.

Why stay in trendy (read SPENDY) Glenwood Springs when you can stay here?

Thanks Scott, you and your crew are awesome! Keep up the great work.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LDRYDR
Santa Clarita
Reviewed August 20, 2010

We were on a road trip on our Harley and went across the 70 hwy and the Rockies and pulled into Rifle and the Hampton Inn expecting a standard hotel. I was happily surprised, I am kinda of a hotel snob and normally stay at Marriotts. This 1 year old Hampton Inn was beautiful, we had a huge room with big rotating flat screen, big desk, best bed with great bedding on our 12 day road trip. It was quiet and the staff was the best on our trip also. Scott the manager was very friendly and helpful. The pool was nice, clean and warm and the breakfast area/lobby beautiful and welcoming. It is a convenient location close to the freeway, but never heard a car once in the hotel and our room. I will try Hampton Inn's again for sure after staying here. I would recommend this to anyone and wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovetovacation04
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed August 18, 2010

You will be hard-pressed to find a nicer Hampton! The accomodations (about 1 yr. old) are impeccable! But that is not the best part of this hotel. The staff is by far the best of any hotel at which I have ever stayed. They truly went the extra mile. From the complimentary dinner offerings (Tues-Thurs) and warm cookies to the newspaper delivered personally to my breakfast table when they arrived late to the hotel one morning, it is obvious that this staff enjoys what they do and they do it extremely well. Scott (the manager) even graciously took off a night's charge from our bill when I had double-booked another hotel. Do not stay anywhere else if you come to Rifle!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank kerrywilliams
Boulder, CO
Reviewed August 15, 2010

The Hampton Inn and Suites in Rifle is the only place that I would stay next time I return to Rifle. I was here for work for a week in early August (2010) and found the hotel to be comfortable, friendly and just about perfect in every way!

From the quick registration to the clean and very comfy room, no detail was overlooked.

The breakfast room is large and well stocked and they even provided dinner Monday through Thursday!

Scott the general manager was on top of all of the operations of this hotel and obviously has a fabulous staff keeping everything running as it should be.

I normally stay at Marriott properties, but this hotel could convert me to the Hilton chain!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank bw777
Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Flew into Denver in the late afternoon and wanted to go West on I-70 before heading over Grand Mesa to Ouray, Durango and Mesa Verde. Great new hotel that was cheaper than the one in Glenwood Springs. The hotel was providing a package deal for mining, fire and construction workers in the area but we never saw them. The hotel was quiet. I definitely would return.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavidsonWho
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I wanted to let you know how appreciative I am for the outstanding service you provided to me on my recent stay. I am a frequent business traveler and it truly makes a difference when I stay at a hotel whose staff goes above and beyond what is expected of them. This trip I am traveling with my baby and mother. Upon arrival we were informed that all of the rooms with refrigerators and microwaves had been taken. I am a nursing mother so the difficulty this presented to me was significant. At checkin you offered the main refrigerator to me so I could store my child's milk. Most managers would have stopped there, however you went out of your way to ensure that I would have the convenience of having a refrigerator and microwave in my room. This service made my trip. I didn't want your customer service and true concern for your visitors to go unthanked.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rifle
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rifle
#10 of 24 in Glenwood Springs
Best Western Antlers
Best Western Antlers
#4 of 24 in Glenwood Springs

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rifle? Share your experiences!