“Nice Surprise in Rifle!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rifle
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rifle
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Based on previous reviews, we had decided to drive the 20miles west of Glenwood Springs and stay at the Hampton in Rifle. We arrived tired and just in time for the Happy Hour from 6-7......a great surprise because they provide a "dinner" in addition.....that night it was chili, hot dogs, chips, fresh cookies, lettuce salad and fixings, and beverages!! It was great! I was sorry we were only there one night because the next night was going to be spaghetti! We did have a little issue with our room not warming up....no matter how we adjusted the thermostat, the cold air continued to pout our of the wall unit. Several hours later it must have self-adjusted as it did warm up. The staff were all genuinely friendly and we felt that they all truly enjoyed their jobs! We will definitely here again.

Room Tip: West side gives you good view of sunset.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carol M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rifle, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thanks so much for taking time to review our hotel...we love hearing that guests enjoyed the evening reception. And yep, the spaghetti is really good..but you should taste the meatball sandwiches!
So pleased to hear you will be returning..and have a wonderful fall season.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am a Hilton Diamond member, and I stay in hotels over 200 nights a year. I have even stayed here in previous years when they were well run. This stay has unacceptable mistake after unacceptable mistake. Our room, registered in my name with my card by the manager, was given to someone else. When I went to my room. someone else' luggage was in the room, but it was still in my name with my card... and they told me they had no record of who it was. They wouldn't ask him to move and clean the room. Then, I discovered the cleaning I sent out before 8 a.m. this morning, with the slip that says the clothes will be back the same day if in by 8, will not be back until sometime tomorrow after I will have left for work in the same clothes I wore today. To this point, we have had nothing other than, "we're sorry." I do not recommend anyone stay here until there is a management change... and I have never said such a thing about a hotel before.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SpencerTConifer
Carol M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rifle, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

I certainly apologize for the issues you experienced while a guest at our hotel. Although we try, and usually succeed, to run a top notch hotel (see previous guest comments) occassionally we miss the mark with a guest. We apparently have missed that most important mark with you. I know my front office manager has taken steps to apologize and although it will not fix this visit I do, sincerely apologize.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very solid, typical Hampton. You know what to expect, which is a comfort. Typical Hampton bfst. Easy off and on highway. A good option for that part of CO on I70.

However, as in other Hamptons this summer, they have a display of candy goodies sitting on their counter for top HHonors Members. I as a 'silver elite' frequent guest, I asked about it at each Hampton, curious at the response I would receive.

At this Hampton, I was curtly told I did not qualify. End of story. No 'sorry' or any conversation actually. Okay, no problem. But it's not like she had a line of people waiting; we were the only ones at the desk the entire time. At other Hamptons this summer, I was offered at least one of the items. In the scheme of things it's not a big deal; but little courtesies like this separate the excellent from the good. At the point of checking in there's nothing other frequent Hampton/Hilton guests can do to 'earn' them. So why display them?

Despite that, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rocker_rep

Yep, I agree! I feel very uncomfortable when guests inquire about the snacks displayed. I guess the promotion is to get guests to stay more nights at Hilton properties to become the gold and diamond status that is required. I apologize that you felt a little shunned by the front desk agent..thanks for the heads up for a training moment. Please come visit us again...and contact me personally if you have any uncomfortable moments..I want each of your stays to be the best ever!!!! Have a wonderful fall...leaves are changing fast!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

They were very helpful in accommodating my late arrival and even upgraded my room voluntarily to a nice suite. For this I was thankful after a long hard day. The décor would be the fancy of any outdoorsman or hunter (beautifully decorated). Great breakfast (all part of the deal).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Big thanks for the nice review! The entire team loves reading reviews that say our guests had a nice stay. Makes some nice smiles all around. Please come see us again...and have a wonderful fall season.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Lots of excellent things to say about this hotel, though I stopped short of an overall excellent rating on the basis that there were a couple of things that could have been better. Having said that, for last minute overnight trip with the family we were VERY impressed!

Used booking.com to reserve a King Studio w/ sofa bed at little over $100 on the day of our stay. Checked in at around 8:30PM and found the front desk service very quick, efficient and friendly. The room itself was, for the value, huge! Truly felt like a small studio apartment with a separate kitchenette-type area with fridge, microwave, coffee etc., TV that swings fully to both sides of the room for living room viewing on the sofa or bed viewing, large full-length mirror, large executive working area with plenty of storage space for those on a business trip, decent size closet with more full-length mirrors, bathroom, and a separate sink area between the latter two. The bed was extremely comfortable and warm, the sofa bed was also decent. Room temperature was very cold upon entering but the system adjusted quickly to our liking.

Pool was open until 10PM so we took a late swim which was pleasant - pool not huge but we were the only ones there so worked out well. Passed the fitness center on the way - looked decent, though I'm not one to use them. The hotel also has what they call a 'Suite Shop' where you can buy snacks, drinks and even frozen meals to utilize the microwave back in the room.

Breakfast in the morning was very good. Decent space with high tables, chairs and sofas to choose from. Selection was great - cereals, yogurt, toast, waffles, pastries, muffins, fresh oatmeal, juices, tea/coffee, and a small selection of hot food ('scrambled' egg, potatoes, sausage patties. I use the term 'scrambled' loosely. Minor point though. For the value of the stay, breakfast was overall impressive.

The service was great at all opportunities. Initial check-in was a breeze, questions were answered correctly and quickly (in person and via phone), additional blankets were provided instantly. Though check-out was automatic, the staff member was very friendly and interactive with my young son as we left. Great job all around, including breakfast staff.

The very minor not so excellent points? Aside from the questionable scrambled egg, the shower head was faulty - spray settings would not adjust, and while the sink separate from the bathroom is a good idea, there was nowhere to hang a hand towel which just seemed an odd design quirk. I told you they were minor...but breakfast and a good shower are vital to any hotel stay for me!

Despite our original plan being to stay in Glenwood Springs - that did not work our due to lack of availability - I would be inclined to stay here specifically again when within 20miles of the area due to the very good experience and value of the stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris B
Carol M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rifle, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thanks so much for taking time to review our hotel...and bigger thanks for the great review! So glad you had a nice stay..and we appreciate the note about the showerhead...we fixed it!! We are a 'quick drive' from Glenwood Springs and location is easy in and out of the Springs area. Please do come see us again..the leaves are turning and fall has arrived.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This property has big city amenities in a small town. Our room was upgraded by the front desk without asking, was spacious and well appointed and included a large executive work area, good lighting throughout (most hotels are lacking here), a separate snack area with refrig, and a beautiful full-sized framed mirror. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Carol M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rifle, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Well thank you...and we intend to hold you to the promise to stay with us again!! So glad your stay was a wonderful one. The leaves are changing and the nights are cool...you could come now!!
Have a super fall season.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The easy access and expectation of quality led Me to stay here at a moments notice. An attached restaurant would be nice. I did not have an opportunity to use the pool, or any of the other amenities, with the exception of the breakfast. The staff was helpful and the breakfast was appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Carol M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rifle, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thanks so much for the nice comments about our hotel. Agreed...a restaurant nearby would be a great asset to us. We have been begging for one closer to the hotel!
Have a wonderful fall season and come see us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rifle
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rifle
#2 of 24 in Glenwood Springs
Hotel Denver
Hotel Denver
#1 of 24 in Glenwood Springs

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rifle? Share your experiences!