“Exquisite Mexican food with comfy atmosphere and superb service”
Review of Adobe Inn

Adobe Inn
Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Ridgway
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 970-626-5939
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We have been going here for years. It is always a great experience. Get there early in cold weather so you can sit by the fireplace and enjoy an authentic marguerita. The food is "clean" meaning not goopie like most Mexican cuisine. But the best feature of all is the friendly service. We never miss a trip to the Adobe when we are in this unique corner of the US.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Adobe Inn is one of our favorite places in Ridgway, and ate there again recently and decided to write a review.

Decor – Adobe Inn is an appropriate name. The building appears to be authentic mud brick adobe and is very warm and inviting. It is divided up into several dining rooms, which makes for a more intimate dining experience. Very New Mexico style appearance.

Service – Has always been prompt and friendly.

Food – I call the food Southwest Style. It is similar to what would be considered New Mexican food, but is not nearly as spicy as what you would get south of the Colorado border. One of my favorite dishes is the New Mexico style beef layered enchiladas. It was a hearty serving with shredded beef and great sauce. Most dishes come with their specialty; Tamal en Elote (corn casserole), which is great. I would only fault them on their chips. They are served as a basket of mixed corn and flour tortilla chips and while the corn chips are great, the flour tortilla chips tend to be a little greasy.

In summary, for a casual night out or a special occasion, the Adobe Inn is one of the best Ridgway has to offer.

1  Thank PurplePica
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The waitstaff and food are top notch! We were all amazed that there was a restaurant with culinary creativity in this small town. There are a few great place to eat in Ridgway and this is one you can't skip!! The Chili Rellenos are amazing!!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This place is difficult to find and get into. I enjoyed everything that I had but, I didn't find myself wanting to go back.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband, and I decided to go to Adobe Inn for our anniversary. We also got a room with them. The service was awful. The servers were slow, unintentive, and rude. The food was so- so, and over priced. The room we stayed in was lacking. There wasn't even an alarm clock. The shower, which was down the hall, and shared with the restaurant had two tempertures burning or fridgid. Overall al I can say is I will not return, and I will not recommend this resaurant or inn to anyone I know.

Been to Adobe Inn? Share your experiences!