“Good drinks, Great people, Stimulating conversation”
Review of Trail Town Still - CLOSED

Trail Town Still
More attraction details
Owner description: Craft distillery emphasizing local ingredients, fine cocktails, and a friendly atmosphere. Enjoy the mountain scenery, fresh air, and sip a fine tequila, gin, vodka, or whiskey beverage. Live music every weekend to tap your toes to or dance a little jig.
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I have visited many times and always had a great time. The staff is very freindly and knowledgible about their drinks. The tasting room is intimate, no TV's so everyone there is there to have a good beverage and a conversation. Everyone has always been very freindly.

TTStill, Owner at Trail Town Still, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thanks for the kinds words. We want to make tasty spirits, but it turns out that having a space to enjoy them in is important too. We like it when we pull everyone's drinks at 2 in the morning (as required by law) and everyone is still here at 3:30 visiting and chatting about the coolest stuff. We try to make a comfortable space but it is the people who come here that make the place awesome. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stopped for the "free tour' of the distillery, but the owner couldn't be bothered, so the waitress showed it to us. She was very helpful, but it wasn't much of a tour. A few minutes later, a regular customer came in and got into a conversation with the owner about closing our borders. The owner started yelling that all we had to do to stop terrorism was to do away with borders and let people come and go as they please, and the terrorists wouldn't know where to attack us. There were 3 groups in the bar, and we all looked at him like he was crazy. The "local" told him that didn't make any sense, and the bar owner yelled at him to get out of the bar. The other 6 of us left quickly, as well. Never again will I set foot in that place.

3  Thank Business_Traveler105
TTStill, Owner at Trail Town Still, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

I formally and publicly apologize for my behavior that day. Normally, in the interest of good business, I stay out of politics, economics, religion, and sports. I also hire only calm, friendly, and professional staff. But I myself am new at this, so when the patron (not a local - though that hardly matters) said that we should “shoot Mexicans as they cross the border”… Well, In retrospect, I know I should not have lost my temper and thrown him out like I did. If it ever happens again I hope that I remember to be calm, friendly, and professional as I throw him out. Comments like that are not welcome at Trail Town Still. Oh. I recall there was another couple - encouraging him. Hopefully that was not you. They’re not welcome back either. Sorry again for yelling. Happiness is a Warm Still. Joe.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is a must see if you are traveling through Ridgway! All the liquor is distilled on site, and they make their own ginger beer as well.
The menu is always evolving as they try new recipes and herbal infusions. The last time I was there I had an amazing basil grape martini.
My favorites are the old fashioned, Margarita, Whiskey Ginger, and my newest favorite, the Gin and Ginger.

Thank you, we used fresh local basil for that and promise to bring it back again this summer.