“Fresh ingredients, good food”
Review of Kate's Place

Kate's Place
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Ridgway
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Roswell
“Fresh ingredients, good food”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Kate's is known locally for having a fresh and delicious lunch and breakfast menu. The waitress is always such a sweetie. I love some of the different things they do like salmon omelettes. Yum! My reason for giving 4/5 is because the last time we were there they had a chicken gyros with tzatziki sauce as the special which sounded great. It was $11 and being a local I never complain about prices bc they always seem reasonable. But what was delivered to the table was a 1 round flatbread that couldn't be folded with a pretty small amount of meat. I was surprised that I basically got 10 bites for $11 and no side. We haven't been back since then and it was a bit disappointing. We were here weekly before that. I pointed out only to my hubby that the board said "gyros" implying more than 1, but no side...come on

Charlotte, North Carolina
“YUMMY!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Went out of our way to go back to Kate's Place it was so good. Turkey panini, french drip sandwich, biscuits and gravy, home fries, and lemon creme cake are all worth mentioning. I should've stuck to the regular menu, but tried a daily "special" gyro, which was not very special at all. Everything else was so good, that it's not skewing my review whatsoever. Great service, too!

• Visited December 2013
Madison, WI
“What a great discovery!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had left Telluride early one morning and wasn't quite ready for breakfast. After about an hour I hit Ridgway and discovered Kate's Place. It was packed, but while in line the couple in front of me asked if I'd like to join them. We had great conversation and even greater breakfasts. When we finished I headed back to the men's room and intercepted the server. The couple who had invited me to join them were so nice that I decided to pick up the check. Paid for all of it and left a healthy tip all unbeknownst to them! Sneaked out the back door and hit the road. Good karma, and it made my day.

• Visited July 2013
Durango, Colorado
“Homemade goodness, service a little off that day”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by Kate's place for breakfast. Very busy place, but the wait was less than 10 minutes. My husband ordered the corn beef hash because he read that they roast and cure their own meat, only to find that they had run out the day before. So he had the biscuits and gravy instead which were very good. My omelet was very good and the home fries were great soft but crispy on the outside. A cute little place with some outdoor seating.

• Visited September 2013
Painesville, Ohio
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I saw that Kate's was #1 on trip advisor so we had to try it. We were not disappointed. Their egg salad sandwich was the best I ever had. Service was great. Our waitress was so nice. Stop in for a great casual setting and a yummy meal. They are only open for breakfast and lunch.

• Visited September 2013