“Homemade goodness, service a little off that day”
Review of Kate's Place

Kate's Place
Ranked #4 of 27 Restaurants in Ridgway
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by Kate's place for breakfast. Very busy place, but the wait was less than 10 minutes. My husband ordered the corn beef hash because he read that they roast and cure their own meat, only to find that they had run out the day before. So he had the biscuits and gravy instead which were very good. My omelet was very good and the home fries were great soft but crispy on the outside. A cute little place with some outdoor seating.

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I saw that Kate's was #1 on trip advisor so we had to try it. We were not disappointed. Their egg salad sandwich was the best I ever had. Service was great. Our waitress was so nice. Stop in for a great casual setting and a yummy meal. They are only open for breakfast and lunch.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My friend and I were in the Ouray area for a few days and decided to try Kate's Place on our way to Telluride. The food is so fresh and tasty. We commented on the freshness of our eggs then saw on the menu they were "free" with no hormones. Their cheese grits are terrific. We also went back for breakfast again on our way home. The omellette was made with dill Havarti and smoked ham. Light and fluffy. My waffle was superb with fresh strawberries and blueberries. Everything we tried was great as was the service. This place is one street off the main road (if your GPS can't find it). Enjoy a real country breakfast!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We used to live in the area and were addicted to Kate's. When we come back for visits it is our choice for breakfast and lunch. The owner's attention to detail is unbelievable! I overheard her say that she taste tested about 20 different orange juices to find one that was acceptable and up to her high standards. Always fabulous specials for both breakfast and lunch. I still have dreams about the lemon ricotta pancakes. Nothing no-hum here. Service excellent as well.

1  Thank margauxverzaniPam
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was the best breakfast I have had out, yes the best! I could only eat half my omelet and saved the rest for lunch. The staff is excellent and so is the coffee. My husband loved the corned beef and hash with eggs.

1  Thank katebrymom

Been to Kate's Place? Share your experiences!