“Sweet, Cozy and Just Great Food!”
Review of Kate's Place

Kate's Place
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Ridgway
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you haven't been to Kate's Place, you have been missing out on such a wonderful place. It's breakfast and lunch only, but who cares. Great food every time we have been there no matter what you order. We have been going there for years, even when it was Sandy's Sunshine Kitchen. From my understanding, Sandy sold to Kate a few years ago, and Kate has done an awesome job keeping up with what Sandy built and adding her own flair to make it Kate's Place. Please...do yourself a favor...when you are in Ridgway, stop by and say hello to Kate. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've ate breakfast here last summer. Outdoor seating was available, so the atmosphere was much more relaxed and the seating was less cramped. I just visited last weekend and the atmosphere was very different. My food didn't seem as good as the previous visit, but that could just be because I didn't order the same thing. The ham, sautee onion and gouda omelette is excellent. The chorizo skillet I ordered most recently was very much on the greasy side. It's worth a visit, but try to go when more seating is available-- the experience is much better.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were told to go to Kate's for breakfast. Bitterly cold outside but warm and friendly within. Wait staff was smiling and very helpful. Orange juice was fresh. A couple of us had what I believe was the migas casserole; very flavorful and good and spicy. Had a short stack of plate sized buttermilk pancakes as well split between two of us. Excellent. I can only imagine how good the French toast or the waffles would have been. Alas we did not make it back on this trip but I sure wanted to.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Dined at this lovely, highly rated, recommended and superb restaurant with my wife on our New Year's Eve weekend. First and foremost would like to point out that the service was impeccable! The lovely Yvonne, our server, was the sweetest lady you could ever ask for! Her welcoming nature and charm truly kicked this place up a notch! Breakfast suggestions were "spot on". Had the Sneffell's Skillet smothered in their delicious green chile! My wife has specific food allergies and attention to detail and her accomodations were met! Kudos to Chef Ele! Fresh, REAL food, organic smoothly balanced coffee......I can't say enough. Would like to try the other dishes offered. Will highly recommend this place and will definitely dine here again upon our return to this glorious part of the country!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food is absolutely delicious. We had the same waitress in 2012 as we did in 2011, and she was fantastic. It is across from an old barber shop, which is building in which Rooster Cogburn lived in the original True Grit movie.