I won a gift certificate for Chipeta at work and had an opportunity to use it to take a long weekend Western Colorado roadtrip (I live in the Denver area). Ridgway is a beautiful, but long, drive from Denver, so I would recommend 3 days or more. We had a condo room, which included a full kitchen - and the grocery store is two blocks away. The public areas of of the lodge are beautiful - they provide coffee every morning and lemonade, ice tea and chocolate chip cookies during the day. The hot tub is huge and has an amazing view of the mountains. If it gets too warm, enjoy a comfortable seat nearby at the firepit.
Ridgway is a jumping off point for day trips to Telluride, Ouray, the Million Dollar Highway to Silverton, and to Montrose and Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. The town of Ridgway is small and while we were there they were hosting an art festival in the park which was a quick 5 minute walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a Southwest Colorado Resort and Spa, your adventure travel and Colorado Staycation destination. This adobe-style Colorado Resort and Spa provides luxury boutique hotel lodging with private hot tubs & patios, summer solar heated Pool, Spa, Yoga & Fitness center, steam room, and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chipeta Sun Hotel Ridgway
- Chipeta Sun Lodge And Spa