My husband and I went to Redstone for a romantic getaway.
1) Redstone, Co: The idyllic town is very small with a fascinating history. It's set on one street along the river, only 1/2 mile long; but there's a few cute shops & a wonderful cafe for lunch or dinner. All homes in Redstone must be kept to certain historic standards & the yards are beautiful. Walk from the Inn and you can find a private road overlooking the rest of the town, that welcomes pedestrian only traffic. The historic fire house & other beautiful homes sit on the on the hill & home owners are happy to share the history.
2) the Inn: The historic Inn is beautiful! There's a small spa, a beautiful outdoor pool & billards room below.
I loved the historic rooms & think they're a charming mix of the original details, with some modern conveniences added. My husband is more of a chain hotel type & thought it was outdated. It was clean, the beds comfortable & the rooms are spacious. Due to the age of the building the walls were a bit thin.
The gourmet restaurant was very good and though pricey, worth it. We ate at the bar the next night & it was very busy. Our waiter was trying to service the dining area & the outdoor dining as well. We could only watch helplessly as my husband's margarita sat on the bar as the ice melted, watering the drink down before I got up & grabbed it. The poor waiter was busting his rump while the bartender just watched the tv behind the bar as drinks piled up. Seems like he could've helped the waiter out a bit... But the food was good, our server apologetic.
Overall, the pace of the town is slow & easy; a good place to unwind, go on some hikes or bike rides. There's a tour of the castle I regret not taking, and stables across the highway for trail rides. I recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic Redstone Inn is a rustic turn of the century style Rocky Mountain resort in Colorado. When you come upon Redstone,Colorado, you'll find a tiny mountain village hidden surprisingly beneath massive red cliffs.The entire village is on the National Register of Historic Places, and the Redstone offers a unique sanctuary for those looking to get away. Open 365 days a year ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your The Redstone Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Redstone Hotel Redstone
- The Hotel Redstone
- The Redstone Inn Colorado