“Good food. One one service person for entire restaurant.”
Review of Redstone Inn

Redstone Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Redstone
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The food was really quite good. The server tried, but was the only person working that shift. Wine by the glass was very marginal.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My friend and I were celebrating my birthday and both our survival's of major health crises, so we wanted something really special. I have visited Redstone many times, and love the quaint town! I have also eaten at the restaurant 10-12 times over the years and have always had a very tasty meal at the inn.
We drove into the town along the town road. Snow everywhere & most houses were lit up with Christmas lights still - just magical! The main dining room was closed (only open on weekends during the off season), so we ate in the bar. I was glad that both the bar menu and the fancier evening dishes were available in the bar. The waitstaff was very attentive, and gave good recommendations for a wine to accompany our meal. We chose to have the elk medallions, which were served with farro (a type of whole grain with a yummy nutty/earthy taste) and very tasty vegetables. We celebrated each bite! We also ordered two of their salads. Each leaf of the very tender greens was just barely coated with the dressing - someone took the time to dry the leaves and thoroughly emulsify the dressing, and the difference from an ordinary salad was amazing. I'm sure dessert would have been delicious, but we were thoroughly satiated by then. I personally liked the casual atmosphere of the bar more than the formal dining room - very cozy and welcoming. My Russian friend said it was the most delicious meal she had ever had! I look forward to my next visit to Redstone!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a large party that was served at a good pace, not too fast, not too slow. The dinner was good but the appetizers were diversified and I enjoyed trying something new. Would return when vacationing in Colorado!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

This inn was built by the industrial baron, Osgood, for the single men that worked the coke mine. Wonderful old furnishings and meals are very good. It was actually his 2nd wife who wanted better living conditions for the men and families. Her picture hangs in the lobby. Staff is friendly and very helpful.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stopped at this wonderful old hotel for lunch. It was a great day with hummingbirds flitting outside the windows of as we had lunch. Lunch is served in the bar area which is by the pool. We both had the Coal Basin Burger which has besides the normal hamburger patty and bun, smoked pork, bacon, BBQ sauce, both cheddar and Swiss cheese and crispy onion strings. We shouldn't have but we ate the w-h-o-l-e thing because it was that good. 8 hours later we still weren't hungry.

I don't know if they were short a waitress but there was too much for the two waitresses to cover. We had gotten there early but it filled up very quickly.

Yes, it was a little more expensive ($15.50) that you will find in a lot of places but it is in the middle of nowhere. Nowhere costs more.