The staff was friendly and the food was pretty good, but the cabins are another matter. Sometimes there's fine line between “rustic” and just plain dirty and poorly maintained. Unfortunately, the Sundance Trail cabins fall into the latter category. We also couldn't help but notice that virtually all of the horses look very thin. Not neglected or abused, but definitely underfed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned and operated dude ranch 100 miles NW of Denver - we love living here, and we love guests!Family friendly summer dude ranch, and pet friendly B&B the rest of the year, with horseback riding every day.Families play together and make memories of shared adventures. Horseback riding, mountain hiking, white-water rafting, awesome disk-golf, trout fishing, riflery/trap and lots more!Ours is not a nose-to-tail program - a good place to learn to ride. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sundance Trail Guest And Dude Ranch
- Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch Hotel Red Feather Lakes
- Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch Red Feather Lakes, Colorado