“Location, Location, It takes more than scenary.”

Potbelly Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: New owners as of May 2012. Great food and bar scene, not your typical remote mountain fare!
Reviewed September 28, 2014

This restaurant has had its ups and downs. We had a decent breakfast today and have had many good meals in the past but it is had to predict how good your service will be, or if the place will even be open. Summertime is the best time to visit when they place hummingbird feeders at the windows. Even without the busy birds, the view is great.
Not surprisingly, since the building is on the edge of civilization, service and food is variable. Unfortunately, there are few other options in the area.

2  Thank Doug K

Reviewed August 12, 2014

There are not too many restaurants around this area, and we were glad to have a place to sit down and eat. It is a bar in the back and diner in the front. The service was good and the views were beautiful.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Very nice people and apologetic, but looks like they cannot keep staff from what I understood. This was reflected in slow service for sure. They really need help in the kitchen as well. My steak sandwich I ordered medium rare was sliced to pieces to try to make it cook quicker I guess, but it was raw. Good thing I can eat meat raw. The wife's fish was really overcooked, deep fried. SO? Food is definitely low rate. Other meals coming out didn't look that bad, but way over priced.

Pretty view if you are looking south out the windows.

1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have been going to my grandparent's cabin in Red Feather Lakes for 30+ years. The Potbelly has been through several owners over the years. Today (4th of July) my boyfriend and I left the cabin early to grab dinner at the Potbelly. We wanted to get back home to Loveland in time for the fireworks.

The server got us our beverages (hot tea for me and a coke for him). When she took our order, she was friendly to me. My guy wanted a burger and fries. She said okay and walked away. He had to call her back to ask for it to be cooked medium-rare. She had a deadpan look on her face and just said oh. Then walked away.

10 minutes later she came to our table to say dinner would be right out. At this point several other tables were seated and served their beverages. At this point we were there for 30 minutes. Server comes over to give us our check. We told her that we never got our dinner. She goes back to the kitchen and comes back to say they are training new people tonight and was sorry.

10 minutes later the table who were seated 20 minutes after us got their food. I called the server over and explained that they were seated long after us and they have their food. She laughed and said that maybe they should pay for my food. I told her, "No that it was not their fault." She goes back to the kitchen and tells us that there was a mix-up in the kitchen with all of the appetizers that were ordered in the bar.

1 hour later (8 pm) we still don't have our food and they bring food out to 3 other tables seated 40 minutes after we got there! Left $2 on the table for our drinks. Sad as I have been going there since I was a little girl.

I do believe this woman is anti-military. My boyfriend is in his 23rd year in the Air Force. He was wearing an Air Force hoodie and his Ali Al Salem Air baseball cap he bought during his two back-to-back tours in Kuwait last year. Boyfriend said that sometimes people are so anti-military that they will do stupid stuff like that. Now that we are finally home in bed tonight, he is cruising YouTube videos and enjoying himself. Even though we had this one minor bad experience today, he tells me it's they best 4th of Julu ever. He is humble and honorable.

3  Thank Tania G
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Certainly not the Pot Belly of old. This is a restaurant that is trying to be fancy and missing the mark. The food ranged from back to unremarkable and the service was horrid. We had to ask for plates to share appetizers and my daughter finally got up and brought us silverware. We ordered from the bar and ended up going and getting the drinks ourselves.

2  Thank robola12