“Great atmosphere”

Potbelly Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: New owners as of May 2012. Great food and bar scene, not your typical remote mountain fare!
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We are camping nearby and this restaurant was recommended by other campers. They have a unique building with large windows by booth seating and you can watch the hummingbirds eat from several hanging feeders. I had the green chili smothered black bean burrito and it was outstanding. The green chili was nicely seasoned and it was very flavorful. Hubby had the steak sandwich which he really enjoyed. The french fries were very good as they were lightly seasoned. We very much enjoyed the good service and unique selection. They offer some high end daily specials, which I will try next time. We would highly recommend the Potbelly.

1  Thank Bobbie C

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great food and great service. An excellent place to stop on the way to the parks mountain and lakes in the northern rockies. Good homestyle american food and friendly service with a nice view of the mountains to the west. The building is well lit and has good ambience, but in my personal opinion the building itself could use some work the in form of decor but is still comfortable and inviting. As a person who has visited the restaurant before the new owner i think the restaurant is a bit better off now. The menu is nicer and more extensive than before. I plan on making it my go to restaurant for my visits to Red Feather Lakes.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Awesome local bar. Fun group of people to hang out with. Knowlegable and congenial bar tender. Service is top knotch. Great chef, wonderful food in the resturant. service in resturant is top knotch as wel. I will go back many times.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

We went for dinner while on a recent trip for a wedding. The restaurant was not open due to renovations, but we got a pizza in the bar. The people were friendly, despite the ongoing work everything was clean. It is a beautiful area, and the deck off the bar has spectacular scenery. Food was very good, service was excellent and we look forward to going back when the restaurant is open.

1  Thank David D
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We eat here two or three times a year when we go camping and the food is always good. I always get the philly cheesesteak and my husband gets a burger...they have the best french fries and yummy desserts as well. The service for us has been hit and miss, one time we will go and get awesome service and the next time we'll get terrible service (forget part of our order and won't come by to refill drinks). Make sure to sit in a booth next to one of the windows so you can watch the hummingbirds at the feeders outside.
They also have a bar that is open in the evenings and karaoke on most weekends (I think).

2  Thank mcbitb