“The Real Deal!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Red Feather Lakes
Beaver Meadows Resort Ranch
Cedar Park, Texas
“The Real Deal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

One of the better value get away places in the USA! Everything top-notch...staff, food & accomodations. A much needed break from hot temps of Austin, TX. Amazing vistas & wildlife. Easy access from HWY 287-great drive. Wishing I hadn't planned my itenerary so tight, although I was able to stay one extra day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
longmont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Just had a wedding here and wished we had read ALL the reviews as a couple touch on all the issues we had. one star at best.
1. Trash The trash was full all over. Why is removing trash an issue?
2. Upkeep the place seemed like a dump. Lights Blown (look in the pic posted of other weddings you can see them a month after previous post about them, There in our pics to) stuff not working, rooms dirty and unkempt.
3. Staff The staff was just down rite rude to us for most of the time. (the bar lady was nice tho!!)
4. wedding coordinator seemed clueless and out of her element
5 food was some of the worst presented and tasting of most any wedding i have attended.(5 in 2 years)(just saying Im a fat guy and i know food)
I Have attended other wedding at other venues with similar venue and attractions and this place was the wrost. The only positive is the acounting error in there part giving the wedding party like 10 free bottles of wine glad we could get drunk to ferget the issues.
UGH wow is all i can say.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chillybillylongmont
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I recently got married at Beaver Meadows and absolutely loved everything about it. The majority of our family stayed at the mountain cabins/condos that are on site. All our family and friends were very pleased with their stay. The rooms were quant and comfortable and there were plenty of fun activities to do. The wedding went off without a hitch thanks in great part to the staff of Beaver Meadows. They were very professional and accommodating in all aspects of the ceremony and reception. The site is beautiful and all our photos look perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better location to celebrate with our family and friends.

Room Tip: Try the personal cabins during your stay. They are very secluded and peaceful.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Love this place!!! Yes it is rustic not the Ritz, duh? You are in the beautiful Colorado Rockies!
If you are planning on staying in the room the whole time stay home. The views from the lodge are incredible though!!! The wildlife, including moose, deer, elk, canadian geese, and a mulititude of others are incredible. I can't imagine a more beautiful site for a wedding. I have been here winter and summer. The staff including David and the wonderful ladies I met and wished I knew their names this past week were so accomodating during a stressful time for me with the fire, and my son on the volunteer fire department. David called me and let me know the 287 was closed so I could plan a different route and the ladies in the office who allowed us a late check out and other help with our pet due to unforeseen circumstances were just outstanding. This is a very caring dedicated group of people who want to make your stay even more wonderful than the view!

Room Tip: I love the view from the upper floor lynx lodge
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank eabarrdvm
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

We camped at Beaver Meadows! A beautiful camp site, and very affordable. The staff made us feel welcome and were very accommodating, very family friendly. We enjoyed the Moose who joined us at our camp site. We'll be back again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TJohn2
Longmont, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Had a wedding here....I would never advise it...this place has no idea how a wedding is supposed to go to start with. Wedding planers have never done a wedding before. They suggest kissing when the father hands the daughter to the groom at the start of the ceremony. They have no idea how to tell people to walk or where to put guests. The place was filthy all the trash from the Friday wedding (now Sunday) was full and full of flies. Staff was very bothered being asked to empty the trash. More than 26 lightbulbs blown out. Then there was the food...worst ever. The fruit tarts were most likely made3-4 days before all fruit was spoiled and rotting. You could not even tell it has raspberries they were so old and shriveled. The cheese for the bread was rancid and formed little balls in the juice/oil. The bruschetta was made 2-3 days before all tomatoes were shrunk up into balls and cheese was brick hard. When the meal came out it took 45 mins to server everyone and they had no list of what was ordered 2 months prior. This place is a horrible joke!!!!! The beauty is very real but EVERYTHING else is bad. Rooms bad,food bad, people bad, cleaning bad, upkeep of location bad, for a 1 night stay no biggie but do not do not do not have a wedding here.
You have been warned.

Room Tip: Go someplace else!!!! Just visit here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Phil B
BeaverMeadows, Guest Relations Manager at Beaver Meadows Resort Ranch, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

I received your feedback and wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to file your opinions.

I am unsure of your source for the statement, "Wedding Plannners have never done a wedding before," I was the planner on the event you attended and this is my third year overseeing events. I've worked over 80 weddings. The Beaver Meadows General Manager has coordinated weddings for over 25 years & hosted events for 350 guests.

You mentioned a suggestion I made to the Father of the Bride. My suggestion was, when the Father walked his daughter down the isle, "to give his daughter a kiss on the cheek and then shake the hand of his future son-in-law." I've seen this reassuring and loving gesture done at numerous weddings.

I apologize for the maintenance issues you refered to which were certainly not up to our standards. Despite not knowing who you were and your relationship to the wedding party (my chief responsibility), as soon as you called problems to my attention I addressed the issues. I personally emptied trash containers and had staff check each lightbulb. They identified the need for fixture replacement not bulb replacement.

Concerning the food preparation. We have limited kitchen storage space. So to assume that the fruit tarts and brichetta were made 2 to 4 days ahead is simply incorrect. These appetizers were made and served the day of the event. All food was delivered to the resort 1 day before.

You may not have been aware that each wedding's time line, setup instructions and menu selections are created by the Bride and Groom well ahead of the event and posted for the staff's information in the back of the house.

We are always making room improvements. Before this event we installed new carpet in our upper lodge rooms, a hard wood floor in our JP cabin, newly painted and carpet in condo 1. We also just completed a major restaurant renovation.

We have a dedicated staff. Many members of our crew have been here for over 5 years. We have all meet to discuss your concerns and are committed to provide outstanding service.
We hope this corrected information has helped you to understand some of the confusion you experienced, as a guest at the wedding you attended.

Pam Christopher
Event Coordinator.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Recently stayed at the Beaver Meadows Resort Ranch for a wedding. The setting is phenomenal, one of the most beautiful spots in Colorado. We stayed in a family cabin which had been recently renovated, so it was clean and well decorated. The down side was one of the worst mattresses I have had the misfortune to sleep on. Their website was not clear about their restaurant facilities, so it created a little confusion, and the meal we did have there was good but pricey. The cabins do have a kitchen, so bring some groceries and cook for yourself, problem solved.

The price was very reasonable for the size of cabin, and the setting really is remarkable. We had a young moose walk in front of the car as we were driving to our cabin. A great introduction to the area.

Room Tip: Choose one of the cabins, you will be away from everything except nature.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beaver Meadows Resort Ranch? Share your experiences!