“They DON'T do chicken right”
Review of Hen House Cafe

Hen House Cafe
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Pueblo West
Cuisines: American
Description: They specialize in hearty, tasty and down-home breakfast, plus their fried chicken for lunch/dinner is AWESOME. Basic American menu as well and some Mexican. (719) 647-1048 Pueblo West 394 S Joe Martinez Blvd Pueblo West, CO 81007
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Chicken is always very dry and barely warm. Won't be having this again. Waitress informed me that my chicken was ready but I had to wait to get my food cuz the table that came in before me was waiting on a porkchop. So why did I have to wait maybe the chicken would have been fresh then. I waited over 40 mins definitly not worth the wait.

2  Thank Mvaldez632

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was in and ordered a 4 oz chicken fried steak and it was all breading the meat was about 2 oz of tough over done meat. I complained about it and nothing was done. I didt eat it but still had to pay full price for the meal. The owner was very rude when I told her about it. I wi never go back.

2  Thank Eyes100
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Visiting Pueblo saw good reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to try it out...we were not disappointed! There are many chicken part selections, all fried, as well as cod, catfish, chops, etc. Hubby had the chicken fried steak and he said it was the best he'd ever had. My fried chicken wings were small but very tasty. The coating was light and very crispy. The side choices were very good. Service was excellent.

2  Thank Bobbie C
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We've eaten here a couple times and always pleased. Good place to go in Pueblo West. Not fancy - family atmosphere.

1  Thank DurangoCOLyn
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Nothing to rave about, good breakfast and lunch food. Service is spotty, sometimes good, sometimes not so good. Don't think you are going to feel special for walking in.

1  Thank Alan N