“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Lindon, Utah
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I had expected a pretty typical mid-range motel experience, but found this Comfort in Pueblo to be spacious, comfortable, and staffed with helpful employees. It is located close to an exit off I-15, some distance from my event's site, but near many shops and restaurants. I had one complaint that was immediately resolved by staff. There is limited parking close to entrances, but it is well-lit. Fridge, microwave, and flat-screen tv. Good value.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We were in Pueblo for a wedding and needed an early check in which was easily accommodated by the manager. The room was clean and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast the next morning was very good and better than at most hotels. The area is quiet and close to many restaurants. Very good hotel and we had no problems.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Arkansas
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The rooms are not old or new - sort of in between - but very acceptable. All areas were clean & looked like they were being kept up. Good location right by the interstate but my GPS had the address on the wrong side of the interstate. Short drive to restaurants. Desk clerks friendly & helpful for local info. This was a good one night stop for us.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UofA1
Glenpool, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This is a nice, well run Comfort Inn. The staff was very nice and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank oilton28
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2011

It was clean, front staff was nice, and it had everything needed. It wasn't the newest hotel, but it was very adequate especially for the price. We had no problems here. The location is on the north side, which is much nicer than when u first enter and near many restaraunts and stores.

• Stayed July 2011
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Good adjustable office chairs at the desk for working. Breakfast was kept stocked and featured the average items plus biscuits and gravy. Solid wireless. Pool had lots of guests in it and they loved it. Reviews are correct, no stairs into pool. No hot tub. Smoking rooms are first floor, which for me as a smoker is a plus. However, I imagine the smoke filters up to second floor. Housekeeping, after knocking and noticing I was working, offered to either come back later and do full cleaning or restock me in towels, soap, etc. Nice offer - I chose the restock. Front desk staff was friendly. No newspaper in the morning which I really missed. I'll stay here again on business but probably wouldn't for pleasure with the family

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We booked this Comfort Inn because they had a great room set-up - two double beds and a single bed which would work for our family. Upon arrival we discovered that this room type is only located on the 2nd floor of the hotel and they do not have an elevator. Since our child is in a wheelchair, this obviously wasn't going to work for us. They offered to bring a roll-away bed into a double room but the only rooms they had available on the first floor were all smoking rooms that weren't going to work either, given that our child also has respiratory issues. Heck, I could barely breathe in there. They offered room spray but that really wasn't going to make a difference. The only final offer they had for us was a king room with a roll-away. We ended up staying there the first night and having one of our kids stay with relatives in the area. They were able to move us to a double room with a roll-away the next day. It was a tight squeeze but we didn't really have a choice. The hotel staff really tried to help which is why I gave them a good rating. I give Comfort Inn and this particular hotel a bad rating on this because when we booked the room there was no extra information about the room that would make us think it wasn't completely accessible. There wasn't even information that they didn't have an elevator. It's made me realize that I need to mark in the comments for every hotel that we have a wheelchair in case they don't have an elevator. I wrote to Comfort Inn and received no response.

I will also warn that if you are a non-smoker, I don't think you'd be able to stay in a smoking room in this hotel. I've been in others and this was by far the worst as far as air quality.

The other warning I will give is about the pool (especially to families with small children). The pool is basically a hole in the ground. There are no steps going in - just ladders. We really didn't like it mainly for that reason.

Needless to say, we won't be staying there again and I can't recommend it to anyone let alone a friend. You just never know what room you might end up with.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family