“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
U.S.
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

When visiting Pueblo I had a reservation at another hotel, but that hotel was very seedy looking, so I drove across the highway and found the Econo Lodge. The Econo Lodge looked clean, safe and was next door to a Starbucks. The front desk staff member was friendly, courteous, and gave me a discounted rate, even though I had no prior reservation. I stayed at the hotel for 3 days.

The rooms were more than adequate for the price, with a refrigerator, nice king-sized bed with firm and sqiushy pillows, and decent cable channel options. The internet was free of charge and was slow at certain times of the day. I successfully held a Skype meeting for work, but was disconnected a few times throughout the call due to the slow internet speed.

The breakfast had a good variety of food- donuts, pastries, waffles, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, juice, coffee, toast, bananas, oranges, bagels, and English muffins. My room was cleaned very well everyday and the housekeeping staff was professional.

The only slightly unpleasant thing about the room was that the heater/air conditioner was older and noisy when I kept it on one night while sleeping. I kept waking up when the fan would come on.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you are looking for a clean, no frills place to stay, the econo lodge in Pueblo, Colorado is a bargain. We paid $50.00 for a family of 3; the room was clean and roomy and had a microwave & a small fridge. What you don't get: tv was quite small, as was the indoor pool. Water temperature was inconsistent requiring constant adjustment from too hot to too cold. That said, if your objective is an affordable nights sleep in a "not gross" room; this hotel fits the bill. Kids will be disappointed in the 4 ft. by 4 ft. pool but an average contenintal breakfast is offered. Basic but clean...& cheap to boot. Good option for passing through or if you are traveling and just need the rest - but not a destination stay. It is close to convenience stores, a Starbucks, shopping & I-25.

• Stayed January 2013
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My family stayed here for our Labor Day trip to the Great Sand Dune. It was a comfortable, clean, and we enjoyed our stay. There was a fridge to store our road trip snacks and drinks, a microwave to heat up some food at night. Three things we really liked were the super easy wifi access, the continental breakfast (with one of the best tasting Belgium waffles I've had from a hotel), and the easy access to an AC plugs. I don't know how many hotels I've been to where I have to crawl under a table to plug in my laptop or phone charger. The front desk was also helpful give us information about the State Fair that was going on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This person was by far the most rude disrespectful and overall awful manager i have ever encountered in all my years of staying at hotels! I waited for over an hour for him to give me my room key and he actually grabbed my print out of my reservation and crumpled it up an said he didn't have to give me my key until i apologized to him for being rude! Im sorry that you hate life and treat people with no respect but i hope that my comments help others to make the choice to not stay at that location! I love that the rooms are affordable but not at the cost of being treated badly by someone who's job is to make people feel welcome!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank Lynn8372
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Whenever we travel we expect somewhat of home to be with us. But this place exceeded our expectations of the word "somewhat"! The staff was VERY friendly, the place was clean, and the breakfast was delicious! I enjoyed hanging out at the pool and sitting outside enjoying the weather!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FollowME27
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

At first, I have chosen the Econo Lodge because of the good price and the convenient location. In fact, because of the price, I didn't expect when I got in. BUT,,, after I spend 2 days with my family there, I realized why they were able to get Gold Award Winner several years. Overall my family and I feel very neat and comfortable in there. One of the staff guided us kindly how to get some sites of scenic beauty around there and how to enjoy Pueblo. Especially, My kids loved and miss the waffle of the motel. They say it is more delicious than mine. My family enjoys traveling a lot. This motel is one of our favorite motels because of the good price, neat condition, great service AND the delicious waffle. I hope you enjoy the waffle next time, if you have a chance to visit Pueblo.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank abba3535
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I Checked in after a long day of travel with my family. Upon check in the front desk staff ( jhon) was friendly, helpful, and made the check in process easy. The price was great, the room was clean and the breakfast was excellent. I was very impressed by the gold awards four years in a row.The motel may be small but it has emaculant. Owners are doing a great job.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family