“manager most helpful” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Anderson, South Carolina
“manager most helpful”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

This motel has outside entrance to all the rooms. There was only one washcloth and when asked for more we were given only one more. They had a very good breakfast, and the manager the next morning was extra helpful with my wyndham reward points. The rooms are in need of repair.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

In short, I will say that the majority of my issues on this trip could have been resolved by Priceline and that it was primarily their fault. However, let's start with the motel/hotel itself:

What I liked about this Ramada is that although it's an older hotel, it was impeccably clean. The rooms are spacious, the televisions are large, decent-sized bathrooms and windows. The air conditioning unit stayed cold through the night, which was also nice. For the moderate price, and for the age of the building, the Ramada is kept up very nicely, as perfect as could be without actually renovating the place. The minor issue I experienced was some loud bass noise from cars in the parking lot in the middle of the night, but hey, that comes with the territory often enough.

My main problem, and why I am so disappointed with both the hotel but most especially Priceline, is that the Wifi in the rooms did not work. Now, let me explain. I'd just driven my U-haul twelve hours, because I am transferring job locations, and I am also an online student, so unfortunately I still had a lot of work to do on my computer. To the hotel's credit, the internet connection was still available in their lobby. But after being on the road all day long, I didn't think it would be comfortable or efficient for me to work out of a lobby crowded with tables of other people using their computers and being talkative because of this very problem!

If I did not book this room through Priceline, I obviously would have found another hotel, when, after driving up I saw the sign on the door about this internet problem. I thought to myself, "I'm a valued Priceline customer whose family spends large sums of money with them every month. Surely they will solve this problem for me." Yeah right. After being placed on hold for an appalling forty-five minutes with the first representative, who informed me that she couldn't do anything, I demanded to be transferred to someone who could do something. Five minutes later I had a "Customer Relations" specialist on the phone who listened to my problem, placed me on an hour hold, and then came back on the line only to inform me that I could use the Wifi in the hotel's lobby. I was infuriated and hurt simply because I have been such a dedicated user of Priceline, but then again, I never had a problem like this to see just how good their customer service was, or how much they would want to retain me as a customer!

Be warned! If you experience problems with your hotel and it has been booked through Priceline, they will NOT help you solve it, even by transferring you to another hotel of equal value. Bad, bad, bad customer relations skills!

Room Tip: Pick the side that faces away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Although the exterior could use an update, the interior is clean and comfortable. The mirrored closet door is designed to close off the bathroom/ vanity area. I found this a convenient arrangement since I am an early riser and was able to turn the area into a mini office while my husband slept in. Also the motel has a picnic table and BBQ grills, as well as fridge and microwave. Ask for extra blankets upfront if it's cold. It's also pet- friendly.

• Stayed March 2014