“Old but Clean, Nice Staff”

Quality Inn & Suites Pueblo
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Scottsdale
“Old but Clean, Nice Staff”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This is an older property, but they seem to be doing a fairly good job maintaining (if not updating) it. They didn't have the room type I requested, but gave me a discount on an upgrade to a suite.

The breakfast was good and the staff very friendly. None of the public areas, including the lobby and hallways have the a/c turned on, and there was virtually no ice in two of the three ice machines (not much in #3 either). The low-flow showerhead was very low flow.

Overall, if you're looking for a good deal in Pueblo, this could be it. Next time I'm in town I will probably give them another try.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank BJDealer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 21, 2011

FYI! THIS hotel is not gay friendly. Me & my boyfriend recently tried to rent a room for the night this past week. My bf is from Pueblo and has family who live there. We have stayed here before but this last time we came in and the blonde receptionist hesitated renting a room to us because we wanted a single bed room. She kept asking us did u mean single room double bed? and we kept telling her no, single bed one room. She played around with her computer gave us all kinds of excuses to why she couldn't find a room for us. The parking lot was empty. She then said in a matter of fact tone " I CAN'T HELP YOU" we were so stunned that this woman turned away money and customers that we walked out literally silent and stunned. We haven't encountered such discrimination in years. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO LESBIAN OR GAY PEOPLE. Try staying at the microtel hotel. MUCH BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank miko_shawners69
new mexico
Reviewed August 3, 2010

One week before our stay on July 23 2010 I made reservations with problems. I requested one of their spacious suites that we had stayed in before and was told their would do their best. To my surprise when I checked in I got the suite I wanted. Melissa did a great job in filling my request. All staff is great and rooms clean and breakfast wonderful. Price was a little higher then normal. But overall stay was great. Thanks Melissa :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Yc
Reviewed July 13, 2009

For the price this was a good buy. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I left part of my computer in the room and one of the staff members personally went to the room at midnight to find the plug that I had left there the previous day.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Room choices are great but we didn't have our request filled for the first floor. The furniture in room was filthy but rest of room was fairly clean. At breakfast, we had to ask for five items just to sit down and eat. We were on the 3rd floor and the gutter was falling off and making a huge racket but the hotel was full so we could not switch rooms. The pool was great (too cold but big and clean), however, we had to ask for pool towels each time that we went swimming. We would have been satisfied if this hotel had cost 1/2 the price because that is what it was worth.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank HonestEngine
New Mexico
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Do not reserve here. I did not stay at this hotel but I did try. I made a reservation at the hotel's website weeks in advance. The hotel called the day before my stay to say they were overbooked and could move me to another hotel. By then, all the other hotels in town were booked. The hotel they moved me to has horrible reviews and has turned out to be just as horrible as the reviews.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Bad reservation system
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fredsquared
Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2008

We stopped at the Quality Inn because of their reputation, and we have had good experiences in the past. We had a great experience with the staff at the front desk, BUT, we also noticed the following -
- the "Fitness Center' consisted of a small room with a broken lifecycle, a well-worn multi-center, and a treadmill set up against a mirror. No TV, no AC - very disappointing.
- the lobby needed minor maintenance such as wallpaper replaced, water leaks painted over (or repaired), etc.
- the hallways are very dark and dingy, and also un-airconditioned
- one drink machine was out of order and the other two were out completely of bottled water - a small thing, but we had to go off site to get a bottle of water!
- the phone in the room had most of the buttons removed/fallen off. It was still functional, but pretty trashy tooking.
- the appliances in the room worked fine, including the AC.

On the plus side, I can't say enough great things about the staff. They were very helpful, very nice, and very apologetic!! Directions - no problem! Questions - no problem! Extra towels - no problem!!

Stayed June 2008