“This is a horrible place to stay !”

Santa Fe Inn and Suites Pueblo
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Pueblo
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I made a reservation here. We were in town for the State Fair when we pulled in we took one look at the swimming pool in which there were kids playing in and said to each other this isn't going to be good. You couldn't even see through the water is was such a horrible color of blue green it was gross!
Then the place looked as if it was housing the homeless on drugs , the smell of pine sol was so strong as if they were covering up something. We were paying $79.00 for this place we got to the room which was disgusting had picked up a towel and it smelled as if it was washed in pine sol. I had determined that we couldn't stay in this place and asked for our money back in which the man behind the counter said " don't you like the smell of pine sol on your towels" and he didn't know how to give a refund among other reasons why he couldn't give us a refund. The man behind the counter told us to call back to talk to the lady who worked over nights. We then went down the way to a much nicer place and paid a tad more money for a MUCH NICER PLACE ! We later contacted the lady he referred us to in which she had told us that the man behind the desk was the owner !!!! The lady refunded us half of our money back.
Don't stay here !!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank leftandright5667

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was wary of touching anything in my room. Even the hotel services guide had stains on it. I thought I was saving money by staying here, but after the pet fee was added my bill was as much as one of the top rated chain hotels in the area. I also recommend avoiding the sushi at the Japanese restaurant on the property--I ended up feeding it to my dog.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Emily S
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This hotel is centrally located which is great! It is an older hotel, but clean. The evening front desk clerk was great! She was pleasant and professional. When we had millers in our room (not the hotel's fault, as millers were present everywhere in Pueblo) she immediately had someone come to our room and vaccuum them up. They had cold pop available, were friendly, more like welcoming family. Snobs stay away, if you want fancy then go to Marriott, but if you want friendly and reasonable, stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I don't even know where to begin! I don't mean to repeat some of the other reviews but the room was disgusting!!!!! I was supposed to have a non-smoking room but not only did out wreak like smoke, there was an ashtray on the nightstand! I had to buy 3 bottles of Fabreeze to spray down the walls, lampshades, carpet, bedspreads, and curtains. After 5 minutes of walking on the carpet, my kids' socks looked like they had been running barefoot in the street. The fridge and decor looked like it was from the 1970's. There were strange men hanging out in the parking lot outside my room. To top it all off, my camera went missing from my room while I was out for about 2 hours. I was told by management that the card reader for the door was conveniently "not working" so they couldn't ser who had gone in and out of my room. I made a police report and checked out! Then they had the nerve to call and say that my camera was in my room the whole time and it was wedged between the headboard and the mattress! Who on earth would put a camera there?!!!! Sounds like a staff member got scared about the police report and put the camera back. I ended up leaving Colorado with a court date for filing a false police report. Sounds like I should also be writing a bad review for the Pueblo Police Department!

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank Azprincezz
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The rooms don't look anything like the online pictures. The are dated, not very clean and in disrepair. They also do not honor the 10% senior citizen discount when reservations were are made a "reduced rate" over the internet. I call that false advertising. If you have a dog, stay elsewhere. They charge $25 no matter the size. There are plenty of motels around that don't charge a non-refundable pet fee.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travel222_11
Reviewed September 21, 2010

makes you feel like you are at home, has barbarque for guest, free laundry and very friendly

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pennycandy55
Reviewed June 12, 2009

i would reccomend this hotel to anyone looking for a value but still want a nice, clean room..outdoor pool very nice and staff very welcoming and friendly..this is a older hotel however updated and very accomadating, they offer dicounts to various resturants and so forth around town..had a wonderful and comforting, quiet stay in Pueblo, Co...Will be back next year...thank you Guest House Inn...

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family