“Good food, nice people”

Shamrock Brewing Co
Ranked #2 of 348 Restaurants in Pueblo
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located just two blocks from the Marriott Hotel and the Convention Center in the heart of Pueblo, Shamrock Brewing Company offers a distinct dining alternative. Equal parts Irish pub, brewery and restaurant make Shamrock Brewing Company a truly unique Pueblo Restaurant experience. We believe great beer, excellent food and good friends go hand in hand. The food is great, the beer world class and the CRAIC outstanding. CRAIC (Pronounced crack) means a fun, friendly and exuberant atmosphere.Whether it is business or pleasure Shamrock Brewing Company is the place to meet. Our antique mahogany bar is warm and inviting. We offer an extensive list of top shelf Irish and Scotch whiskeys, a good wine selection and specialty martinis and manhattans. If you are a sports fan don’t miss any of the action on our all HD system or enjoy a game of NTN Trivia or Texas Hold-em anytime. We serve weekend brunch, lunch, dinner, late night and have a children's menu.
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Ate here with my wife at the suggestion of the hotel where we were staying.
Able to be seated quickly.
Our waitress was informative and knowledgeable about the menu and the beers on tap.
We split meatloaf and salad and left and satisfied

Reviewed August 27, 2018

I hosted a two day golf outing for 30 golfers. I selected the Shamrock Brewery for it’s proximity to our hotel (2 block walk). The food was delicious and plentiful. The waitstaff did a great job of getting the food out for this very quickly. Working with the owner, Chef Gordo was easy and his assistant Joseph was able to seat us in a semi private section as a group. I would recommend this restaurant to individual diners as well as to medium and large groups. Quick efficient service at moderate prices AND their beer is great!

Shawn S, Owner at Shamrock Brewing Co, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Bill, thank you for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your visit. Next year our new brewery and banquet facility will be complete. This will include a private banquet room that will be ideal for groups like yours. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

I would hate for this place to get ruined by popularity as some places have a tendency to do, but they deserve the five stars and we will continue to come here on each stay in Pueblo.

Shamrock's Brewery is the best bar in all of America. There I said it! We travel all year and visit as many local brew houses and pubs as we can. Shamrocks is Cheers. It's the iconic American public house. Housed in a historic former brothel, this place is authentic, cozy and warm. The staff is only outshined, by the fantastic food. I take that back maybe It's the other way around. Either way, you won't find better service in any bar, in any town in America. Period, mic drop... Bartenders and staff almost seemed like family, both to patrons and each other. We had a history lesson from the bartender and the manager. The brewmaster gave us a detailed tour. We were remembered by name when we returned a few days later. My wife and I both recalled Cheers as we left there.

The beer selection was well rounded and the in-house brews would sell out if sold in stores. I suggest the PAPA.

Let's talk about food. I will list each of the items we had. We can recommend them all. The boxty and fish and chips would be award winners in my book. The cheese stuffed pretzel is an excellent way to start off. The beer cheese was amazing. Irish boxties disappoint at most places, but here, the flavors and textures are sublime and the roast is moist and juicy. The fish and chips were the best I've ever had. The burgers over the top good, gourmet and filling. During the week specials like all you can eat fish and chips, makes Shamrocks a bargain.

I honestly expect Shamrocks to start showing up on the Best Irish Pubs lists, or Best gastro pubs lists or any lists of best of's, it's that good.

They earn my perfect score.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and detailed review. When we decided to renovate a 100+ year old building and 50+ year business in 2005 it was important to keep some of the history and charm. It is important to us that Shamrock is truly a meeting place where everyone is welcomed with Irish hospitality and treated like part of our family. It is nice to hear you enjoyed your visit as much as we enjoyed having you! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t decide what to order and ended up with the meatloaf. Good decision. I was there for lunch, and the serving size was large, and great flavor. I was too full to even finish the mashed potatoes or veggies. Service was friendly.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

I went today (8/25) for the $.75 wing special and the wings were tasteless. I ordered the Irish Buffalo flavor and had them fried extra crispy. When I received the wings, they were barely covered in sauce and it took 8 minutes to bring me an extra side of sauce. Upon receiving the sauce, I noticed it was runny and over-buttered. The wings literally tasted like hard fried oil. To make matters worse, the ranch dressing tasted like it had been cut with water and was utterly disgusting. I am from the east coast and if you are going to sell wings please don't cut the sauces. I also tried to Irish Red beer which tasted like a sour Killian's. Even the "IPA" beer, Papa, was a long cry from a real IPA. I definitely will not be returning to the Shamrock.

I apologize we did not meet your expectations or our standards. It is difficult to respond to comments when everything was wrong. Our wings are fresh, never frozen and we make our sauces in house including our dressings, we do not cut with water. It is likely we over cooked the wings (our mistake) trying to achieve the extra crispy request and would have gladly prepared another order to your liking. I am disappointed you did not enjoy our beer but want to point out that PAPA (Pueblo American Pale Ale) is not an IPA so it should not taste like an IPA. We apologize for the confusion.

Been to Shamrock Brewing Co? Share your experiences!