“Quaint historic brewpub with tasty food & beers.”

Shamrock Brewing Co
Ranked #1 of 322 Restaurants in Pueblo
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located just two blocks from the Marriott Hotel and the Convention Center in the heart of Pueblo, Shamrock Brewing Company offers a distinct dining alternative. Equal parts Irish pub, brewery and restaurant make Shamrock Brewing Company a truly unique Pueblo Restaurant experience. We believe great beer, excellent food and good friends go hand in hand. The food is great, the beer world class and the CRAIC outstanding. CRAIC (Pronounced crack) means a fun, friendly and exuberant atmosphere.Whether it is business or pleasure Shamrock Brewing Company is the place to meet. Our antique mahogany bar is warm and inviting. We offer an extensive list of top shelf Irish and Scotch whiskeys, a good wine selection and specialty martinis and manhattans. If you are a sports fan don’t miss any of the action on our all HD system or enjoy a game of NTN Trivia or Texas Hold-em anytime. We serve weekend brunch, lunch, dinner, late night and have a children's menu.
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Found this place on trip advisor when looking for a brewpub for lunch. Really enjoyed this stop in old town Pueblo. Beer and sandwiches were tasty. Quick service with attentive waitress. Worth the quick jaunt off hwy 25 if in Pueblo area.Could relax and drink their microbrews all day if we had the time!

There are newer reviews for Shamrock Brewing Co

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Shamrock Brewing Co
108 w 3rd st.
Pueblo, CO 8103
719-542-9974
Wwwshamrockbrewing.com
Take your pick - in time. Visit the cycle store that became a motorcycle store then a brothel  and now an Irish pub - and now - just an Irish brewpub.
Every micro and brewpub is an example of that dreaded form of enterprise - capitalism. In some spheres it just doesn't work. Health care, water supply, power, air traffic control, prisons, education - but in the brewing business - competition has made the USA the leading brewing nation. Each brewer striving to outwit  his or her competition by recipe - not brute force. Brewpubs help and encourage each other - and still compete. Most un American.
Enough of this political crap - what's the place like?
First the atmosphere - long bar - old but not Victorian bar back. T shirt well displaced - woops - displayed  by  Ashley - it says "The Liver is Evil and must be PUNISHED." Ashley - if only I was thirty years younger - I'd still be too shy.
 The usual TV's we all can do without, but in the bar itself, small screens which can be tuned by the booth occupants. They can even be turned off!
Just for fun - I'd had lunch on the way to another meal - you know how that goes - I tried the clam chowder. Full, rich, not  over salted. The Irish ale cheese soup - pepper gives it a little contrast. Rich, filling.
Brewery close by, through the dinning room. Look at the photo's. Bicycles, motor cycles, none of the ladies of the house -  photos. Malt stacked in the bar front. This is a working brewery.
Keith Hefley - head brewer - came from 3200 barrel brewpub to be closer to his home family farm. From 62 taps, twenty fermenters to a small town -  he can't do the same here but he has won gold 2007 for his English summer ale and  bronze for a sour ale - both at the GABF so this little seven barrel brewpub has a very serious brewer. Go figure - it's what I mentioned - brewers compete. They are individuals who often don't fit into the corporate world.
So the beers range from the usual "red" - I hypothesis that Coors started this trend with a Killions Red - a beer that can have that no connection with the original  - but then - which of BudaMillerCoors does?
The Belgium White makes no attempt to be a Hefe - Wisen - you know the one with cloves and banana undertones. The Irish Porter has plenty of roast malt bitterness with a little more body than most porters 4.8 by vol. This beer is towards orange zest.
So overall, much more than worth visiting with delightfully adequate beers, a busy place in the evening -  home away from home. I brought SWIMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) the next day. The food was well served by Jason, it was authentic, , the beer disappeared - I'll be back. Shamrock Brewpub is a destination for both down to earth delicious food and beer.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for dinner passing through Pueblo. This is a fun Irish pub atmosphere. Had the fish and chips which was awesome. Root beer is brewed onsite as are many beers. We recommend this as a good dinner stop.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Visited the Shamrock Brewing Co. earlier this week. I always want to find "local" restaurants where the locals go to eat...I can eat at chain restaurants anywhere...and was very pleased to find this place. Now I'm looking forward to my July trip to Pueblo when I'll definitely eat there again. I had the Irish Beef Boxty,,,a delicious new find for me. Both the atmosphere and service were great. Prices were quite reasonable. I'll be scanning reviews on here to see what I should try next...well, maybe I will...I might just have the boxty again. Yum!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went for dinner as a party of 4 family/friends. My husband got the steak which he said was awful (but cost >20). I ordered the portabello tacos which were good and interesting. Quite a large portion too. Other people ordered the bison burger which came with literally 7 fries until she asked for me. Also, someone ordered the chowder which was a bit salty.
I would not go back, but it was an okay meal.

Been to Shamrock Brewing Co? Share your experiences!