“Is the best sushi the farthest from the sea?”

Tsunami Sushi Bar. Wok & Grill
Ranked #9 of 320 Restaurants in Pueblo
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Appleby, England, United Kingdom
“Is the best sushi the farthest from the sea?”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I thought I had found my best ever sushi restaurant in New York City, then I visited Colorado. I was looking for places my grandmother lived as a child, hence the visit to Pueblo, otherwise I would have given it a miss. That would have been a mistake. The sushi was better than any I have eaten in England, New York or California. The restaurant was comfortable while remaining informal, staff were friendly and service excellent. The menu was too wide to take in on a single visit so I shall have to take that several thousand mile diversion at some future time to enjoy more of it. It really was that good.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Keith M

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very Good Dining Experience”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

A friend and I went there Friday, 12/6/13 for dinner. The restaurant was full. It has a nice upscale feel to it than other sushi restaurants I have been to in Pueblo. We had a great server named Kirra. The menu has a larger variety than I was expecting. The main dishes are quite large and can be shared if you order sushi. There are curry and Korean dishes. We started off the meal with vegetable tempura appetizer and a shrimp crunch roll. Both were good. A small salad and a cup of soup are included with the meal. Both were good. I got the Japanese Curry and my friend got Drunken Tiger Noodles. The Japanese Curry came in a brown sauce with tempura battered chicken. It was very different than a Thai Curry. It was good. It had the right amount of spicy. The Drunken Tiger Noodles is on the sweet side. I liked it more than my friend did. It took longer to get our food than I was expecting but they were very busy. The restaurant is loud since it is all hard surfaces. It was very cold that night (10 degrees) and the cold air blew in every time the doors open. The restroom had no heat! It was ice cold inside. I would like to go back and try other things on the menu.

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Dining Experience!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Food was excellent! We had sushi & everything tasted so fresh! Wait staff was attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly. Great restaurant in the heart of the historic Union District!! Great placeto take the family or have a date night on the town.

• Visited November 2013
New York
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Ambiance is lacking. Food is average. The chef yells out when orders are ready but this really doesn't work with the environment. He's voice takes away from enjoying the meal. The salad I ordered was minuscule but took longer to make then everything else. I don't plan on going back. On the positive side the servers were very pleasant.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Alison H
“Great Asian Food”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Oh, my! This is a fun place. They have excellent sushi as well as many menu options. My birthday club went there and everyone enjoyed what they ordered. We shared crab wontons and lettuce wraps. We all agreed that they were both delicious. I ordered shrimp curry and found it was a little spicy for my palate. My only complaint is that it was very noisy. The floors are concrete, no window treatments, nothing to absorb sound!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Tsunami Sushi Bar. Wok & Grill? Share your experiences!