“Good experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Birmingham, Alabama
“Good experience”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Went for lunch and was sat quickly with a party of 7. Service was good and the food was also good. Food portions were good for the price. Would go back again if I lived in Pueblo.

• Visited January 2014

Duvall, Washington
“Try somewhere else!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Seeking good authentic Mexican food and it was marginal and bland at best. Server was never around when we needed her. I would try somewhere else next time.

Visited October 2013
Aurora, Colorado, United States
“One of the best!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

After years of traveling throughout Colorado, I find myself constantly rating the Cactus Flower as one of favs for Mexican food. From the minute you sit down, the corn chips (a mixture of blue & red corn and fried flour chips) and medium salsa get you going. I'm glad they don't change you for refills on either, as it's smart business to keep your customers happy with this low cost staple.

I've enjoyed all the entrees I've tried there, but my last trip to Pueblo had me trying something different. Blue crab enchilladas.were beautifully done and tasted very crabby with nice overtones of cheese and corn. Excellent meal with rice and beans. For dessert, I had a sopapilla with cinnamon and sugar. Always hot and fresh, they are a reasonable finish to any meal. While I recognize Pueblo has many fine Mexican restaurants, the Cactus Flower remains one of the best to me!

Visited October 2013
Pueblo West, Colorado
“Not great...just ok food.”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have been to the Cactus Flower many times before to find the food and service good so this may have been a one time deal. We were seated and served chips and salsa. We ordered or drinks and then our entrees. We were all so hungry that we devoured the small basket of chips! The waitress Gina came back to ask if he wanted more chips and we said yes and as she grabbed the empty basket she said it would be an additional $1.29. We all looked at each other to make sure we heard her correct. I haven't been to a Mexican restaurant lately that didn't willingly bring you more chips and salsa free of charge. So our entrees came. They were blah and just average. Not a lot of flavor. I asked for some sour cream and she said sure, I will bring that right back for you....for an additional $1.00. WHAT??!! Again we all looked at each other stunned. We proceeded to eat our meals and talk with each other. I realized after eating over half of my meal that I still hadn't gotten my sour cream. I decided it wasn't worth asking for it again because I was nearly done with my meal. Our bill came and yes, she charged me for the sour cream that she never brought to me!! I decided to take it out in her tip instead of go through the trouble and wait of having our bill changed for a $1.00. So, between the lack luster food and the not so good service, I don't think we will be visiting the Cactus Flower anytime soon. There are many other Mexican restaurants in Pueblo that are wonderful, like Nachos!! They have awesome food and service!!

• Visited October 2013
Denver Colorado
“Good grub”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Fun and easy place to stop and grab a bite. Lunch specials are good. Staff is friendly. Overall they get an "A"

• Visited April 2013