“Better Than Average For Asian Food in Pueblo”
Review of Pueblo Dragon

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pueblo Dragon
Ranked #94 of 322 Restaurants in Pueblo
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I have lived in areas with a large Asian population so my standards may be higher than other diners. That being said I have learned not to expect great Asian food in Pueblo. We ordered for delivery which took less time than estimated. My Szechuan Beef was a bit bland but the ingredients seemed fresh. They were not skimpy on the vegetables especially broccoli. I did notice the veggies were overcooked and a little soggy. The egg rolls were fried to perfection. All and all pretty good unless you're expecting good Chinese from a coastal city. The portions were large and we had leftovers for a couple days. There was $3 charge for delivery even though the menu says $2.

There are newer reviews for Pueblo Dragon

Reviewed November 28, 2009

I must preface this review with the fact that I LOVE Chinese food. I've had chinese food in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle and Chicago.

Sure, there are regional differences but there is one constant, the food is tasty and they don't stray too far from traditional. I ordered combo chop suey at Pueblo Dragon and it looked exactly like my husband's beef broccoli! The veggies were non-traditional, julienned zucchini instead of bean sprouts, his sauce tasted exactly like mine, which was basically a thickened soy sauce concoction.

All of this aside, the restaurant was bustling! The phones constantly ringing, customers waiting for tables and carry-out... With marginal food and terrible service, I am left scratching my head... Then it dawned on me, this is NOT New York City or San Francisco, many people in Pueblo have lived here their entire lives... They just haven't ever had any GOOD chinese, they plainly do NOT know any better.

The restaurant is void of ambience, the dine-in customers compete with the carry-out customers for service, and to top it off, it's NOT cheap! You'd be better off with Mall Food Court Chinese than this place, what a let-down.

2  Thank Savvypueblochick