“Great food at a great price”
Review of Pueblo Dragon

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pueblo Dragon
Ranked #89 of 320 Restaurants in Pueblo
Cuisines: Chinese
“Great food at a great price”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had eaten here before and liked it. I received a gift certificate for my birthday to this restaurant, so we planned our shopping trip to Pueblo around lunch. Service is excellent. Like most Chinese restaurants, the number of choices are staggering. Very reasonable prices and the food is genuine and great tasting. It's a small seating venue, so be prepared for a wait if your around the noon hour.

Visited August 2012

“Great and Cheap!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Never mind PF Chang's, if you're looking for great Oriental food, and on the cheap, this is the place to go.

I know of two locations here in Pueblo, one in Blende and the other on the South Side right next to Game Stop. Both locations have never been a let down.

If you dine in, expect to be crowded at the South Side location, they can only seat about 15-20 people semi-comfortably. Even being that crowded AND with the amount of "To-Go" orders they get, the food always comes out in a timely manner and never cold. I have never sent my order back because of an issue! Not one time!

Now, let's talk about price. Any time of the day is cheap but, their lunch specials are the cheapest during the day and you get a lot of food for what you pay for! The Mongolian and Szechuan beef are my favorites.

If you're a well traveled individual and looking to dine here. Pueblo Dragon is not your typical San Fran or New York-style oriental food, so please, do not compare the two. Just like Do Drop Inn isn't for New Yorkers, it's a different type of pizza just like Pueblo Dragon is a different type of Oriental food.

• Visited July 2012
“Best Lo Mein”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Only place I've ever eaten pork lo mein and liked it. Fresh vegetables and not overcooked into a goo. Good egg foo young also!

Visited July 2011
Pueblo, Colorado
“Better Than Average For Asian Food in Pueblo”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I have lived in areas with a large Asian population so my standards may be higher than other diners. That being said I have learned not to expect great Asian food in Pueblo. We ordered for delivery which took less time than estimated. My Szechuan Beef was a bit bland but the ingredients seemed fresh. They were not skimpy on the vegetables especially broccoli. I did notice the veggies were overcooked and a little soggy. The egg rolls were fried to perfection. All and all pretty good unless you're expecting good Chinese from a coastal city. The portions were large and we had leftovers for a couple days. There was $3 charge for delivery even though the menu says $2.

• Visited March 2011
Pueblo, CO
“Fake Chinese in a strip mall to boot!”
Reviewed November 28, 2009

I must preface this review with the fact that I LOVE Chinese food. I've had chinese food in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle and Chicago.

Sure, there are regional differences but there is one constant, the food is tasty and they don't stray too far from traditional. I ordered combo chop suey at Pueblo Dragon and it looked exactly like my husband's beef broccoli! The veggies were non-traditional, julienned zucchini instead of bean sprouts, his sauce tasted exactly like mine, which was basically a thickened soy sauce concoction.

All of this aside, the restaurant was bustling! The phones constantly ringing, customers waiting for tables and carry-out... With marginal food and terrible service, I am left scratching my head... Then it dawned on me, this is NOT New York City or San Francisco, many people in Pueblo have lived here their entire lives... They just haven't ever had any GOOD chinese, they plainly do NOT know any better.

The restaurant is void of ambience, the dine-in customers compete with the carry-out customers for service, and to top it off, it's NOT cheap! You'd be better off with Mall Food Court Chinese than this place, what a let-down.

2 Thank Savvypueblochick