“Good Food”

Papa Jose's Union Cafe
Ranked #63 of 323 Restaurants in Pueblo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Good mexican food, good service. Parking can be difficult. This place was recommended to us and it was very good, didn't knock our socks off though.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

A friend who lives in Pueblo suggested we have lunch at Papa Jose's. I had never been there and Mexican for lunch sounded good. It's located in the Union Ave area and in an older building and not a fancy place but that old time restaurant kind of feel and not pricey.
We both had the Enchilada Special, they were really good and I ordered some Sopapillas after we had finished the Enchiladas. You get four to an order, and the best I've had in a long time and the size was just right. I'll return as I enjoyed this restaurant.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and no matter what you eat for dinner, be sure to save room for sopapillas!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went for the first time to Papa Jose's during the Pueblo Chile Festival and fell in love! The restaurant is quaint and welcoming. The food is fresh, flavorful, and we've never ordered anything that we didn't love. But my favorite thing is their kick-ars margaritas . . . just sayin'. Highly recommend Papa Jose's.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Visted based on T/A ratings. The chips and salsa were OK. The guacamole was totally lacking in flavor or character. My wife's Chili Rellenos were inedible and sent back. The chicken in the Chicken Enchiladas was tender and tasty, but the Verde sauce was hopeless. This was the top rated Mexican place in Pueblo and the restaurant was crowded, but if you appreciate good Mexican food - this is a waste of time and money. Definitely would not return.