“A great alternative to fast food!”

El Nopal Restaurant
Ranked #145 of 316 Restaurants in Pueblo
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“A great alternative to fast food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

My family and I are traveling and needed lunch today - I'm so glad we stopped at El Nopal! Great homemade mexican food without a huge detour. Try the chili sauce, it's amazing!

“Great Chile Rellenos!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

El Nopal is one of my favorite restaurants in Pueblo! I love their chile rellenos and the Mexican pizza is also delicious. I'm not sure how authentic the food is but, it is definitely awesome Pueb-Mex. It is usually quiet and the and the waitresses are always friendly. It isn't my favorite dining space due to the large amount of empty space and positioning of the booths, I like a little more privacy. I do like the view of the steel mill though. El Nopal seems pretty clean unlike some of the nearby competition.

Also, I am told the green chile is vegetarian, I eat meat but do not like the pork chunks.

The prices are very reasonable as well.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank yogurt777
Pueblo, Colorado
“Not authentic Mexican food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

We ordered a dozen tamales to take home for dinner & they were the worst we ever ate. They were very bland & tasteless. We will never dine in or take out in the future again.

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank Montez719
Colorado
“Not that impressive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

Visited there late last year and I walked away unimpressed. The food is hearty, but rather bland. Decent prices. The decor is starting to show it's age and not it a good way. The service we had was rather poor on the night we visited. Took too long to get a refill and our server seemed to have her mind on other matters.

2 Thank WST74
Pueblo, Colorado
“Not bad but doesn't deserve #1 rating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2009

This restaurant isn't the best restaurant in Pueblo...parking is ample, the service is good, the decor is a bit bland and the food is average. In my opinion, Jorge's down the street is better (Obama ordered the chicken tacos) and the guacamole and margaritas are very good. As far as Mexican food goes, I'd recommend 3 Margaritas right off I-25 and Hwy 50 (near mall on frontage road)-it's hard to get a bad meal there. Grand Prix has good Mexican but service can be sloooow. El Ranchito on Pueblo Blvd is decent but lacks that homemade taste of food at the Grand Prix.

3 Thank bookman57

Been to El Nopal Restaurant? Share your experiences!