“Not edible, will not return!”

Romero's Cafe & Catering
Ranked #58 of 316 Restaurants in Pueblo
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arvada, Colorado
“Not edible, will not return!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I have eaten at this restaurant many times. He always orders the same dish and is usually happy with it. I have tried several different dishes and have been mildly disappointed with each one. Today I ordered the crispy chili rellenos from the lunch menu. The batter was too thick and the chili was very tough. I had trouble cutting it with the fork (they don't provide knives) and I couldn't chew the chili. Romero's is famous for their chili, red and green, and I have no complaint about that. The last straw was the fact that I had to pay for the meal I could not eat. I was given a 10% discount on the price of the dish, a total of 88 cents! I had to return to work without having any lunch and I had to pay for it! NEVER AGAIN!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank godscowboy

colorado
“Very good mexican food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family were on our way home via HWY 50 and passing through Pueblo. I quick looked on tripadvisor for a good place to eat. Romero's was I think #3 on the restaurants and Mexican sounded good. We are glad we stopped, the green chile is amazing- a lot like how my mom makes it! Everything was fresh and tasty. The salsa and chips were very good as well. If ever in Pueblo again would for sure eat at Romero's!!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank megan_colorado
Pueblo, Colorado
“Great breakfast menu.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

A friend if ours had recommended Romero's, we decided to try it for breakfast. I had the Huevos rancheros and my husband has the chorizo breakfast burrito. The food was very good. I really enjoyed the green chili. Our server Christy did an excellent job keeping our drink refreshed and recommended the sopapillas which our fabulous. Definitely a place to stop and try some of Pueblo authentic Mexican food.

1 Thank Kenmarsam
Pueblo, Colorado
“The best Green Chile in Pueblo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I ate at Romero's Cafe and Catering for the first time this morning. I had the smothered breakfast burrito. The green chile was awesome. I have been looking for a green chile just like this in since I moved to Pueblo in 2006. What took me so long? I don't know. I wish I would have gone there sooner. I've only been there once but plan on making it a regular. Great green chile.

1 Thank Tim P
“Award winning Mexican home cooking!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

wow! This is THE place to eat if you're in the area .... just about a mile off I-25, easy to get to, well worth the short trip. The BEST Mexican food, home cooked, plenty of it, cheerful service and reasonable prices. Is there anything else one could ask for?? Green chili mild if you like the flavor but not the heat, or HOT if you like burning the roof of your mouth and your throat. We'll be back, for sure!

1 Thank MrsBeeColorado