“great camping”

Ranked #8 of 36 things to do in Pueblo
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Lake Pueblo campgrounds are big enough, you can usually get in on the spur of the moment if you don't have enough notice to make reservations. The sites are a nice size. We always enjoy driving around the reservoir to see the water level. My husband enjoys kayaking here. I like it because there are good restaurants close by including the Nature Center.

There are newer reviews for Lake Pueblo, Colorado State Park

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Although we visited this park in off-season, I have to believe that there's enough room for everyone even in summer. There's several campgrounds, some with electric hook-up and some with no hook-ups at all. There is a dumping station and spots where you can fill up with water. There are restrooms (real ones, not pit toilets!) and shower facilities. Maybe because it's off season ... but the showers leave something to be desired. Firstly there was no power to them - meaning no lights and no plugs working. There were no shower curtains so all your water splashed into the tiny cubicle where your clothes were hanging/laying. There was only 1 hook ... one of my pet peeves ... and a small bench. My clean clothes were quite wet after that!
There are a couple of marinas for boaters, and nice biking trails - flat although broken up in lots of places. Each site has a picnic table with a shelter and there's lots of room between sites. Fun to watch the groundhogs/ground squirrels and lots of bird sightings. Prices are right - $20 for electric hook-up with a $7 daily permit. I'd definitely go again!

1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The lake is a little low and there are very few trees and plants, but it is still nice to be on the water.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I live near this State Park and enjoy the fishing and bike trails. You can ride your bike from this park to downtown Pueblo.....easy trails.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

When lakes are far apart, this is an oasis. We live on a chain of lakes in Florida, so it takes some of the awe out of it. We enjoyed the mountain backdrop and hills around the lake, very different than our sandy beach.

1  Thank GwenL1