“Delicious adventure!”

Mr. Tandoori Urban Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 of 317 Restaurants in Pueblo
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Delicious adventure!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I travel solo for work (covering 8 states) and am always looking for great local places. Found this on trip advisor and decided to give it a try-
I arrived a little after 8 (they close at 9 during the week)- and was seated right away. When it came time to order, I asked my waiter for a recommendation/house specialty. Right away he knew what to tell me- he was right it was wonderful! (I had a chicken dish and bread with cheese)

I could tell the staff was ready to close (I was the last one) but they remained courteous the entire time. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to try something new or to really give your taste buds a ride!!

Pueblo, Colorado
“Love the buffet”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The lunch buffet has a very nice variety to choose from especially for people who are not familiary with the cuisine. Service is always wonderful. Dinner is also always a treat but, if you are unsure of what you enjoy, the lunch buffet is a good way to sample.

Visited August 2012
Pueblo, Colorado
“The Best Deal in Pueblo”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Mr. Tandoori offers a fantastic lunch buffet Monday-Saturday for $10.00-it is the absolute best deal in town when taking into account the price and the overall quality of food available on the buffet. Everything is cooked to perfection and there is generally something for everyone to enjoy on the buffet to include Tandoori chicken, rice, spinach, fruit, salad, and other tasty Indian dishes. I always leave feeling quite content with having chosen Mr. Tandoori for lunch because the food is excellent, the service is attentive, and the restaurant is nicely decorated.

The restaurant stays open quite late and dinner is a bit more expensive than lunch but it isn't unreasonable.

It costs more and more to eat out these days and you can easily spend close to $10.00 eating at a fast food restaurant. Why not eat some real food instead of fast food at nearly the same price. I eat out quite frequently and I'm convinced that there isn't a better deal in Pueblo than the lunch buffet at Mr. Tandoori.

My wife and I have gone back several times and the buffet never fails to please.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank bookman57
Colorado
“Worth the drive from Colorado Springs. Excellent Food”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

TripAdvisor has always been a reliable source for dining recommendations when we travel. Last night we were too tired to travel far, so we looked at the Pueblo restaurant ratings.
I called ahead and "Mr. Tandoori" answered. After a brief chat with this articulate fellow (we found out later that he was the cook for our fine meal), my wife and I headed for the car. Our home is on the south side of Colorado Springs, so the drive (without traffic and with a radar detector) was about 35 minutes on I25. This is much easier than driving north or northeast in weekend traffic.

Mr. Tandoori was a marvelous surprise. Best Indian I've had in years! The new restaurant is attractive on the inside and outside. The staff all were warm, friendly, and helpful.

Now for the best news, everything we requested was delicious! The fresh baked breads, the lamb curry, the chicken tikka, and the basmati were freshly prepared. For the timid, they make the food mild but they do ask if you prefer authentic, real heat.

The family who owns Mr. Tandoori are very proud of their unique establishment. They circulate among the guests and are charming. The cook (the owners brother), who has a long and fascinating history, came around to make sure things were perfect.

I would suggest that this restaurant is not to be missed! It is a great place to try Indian food for the first time (prepared mild) or have a well seasoned (or hot) dish if you are an established fan of India's dishes.

We look forward to a return visits with family and friends.

• Visited August 2012
Pueblo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Executive Chef to be Commended”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My family of six went to eat at Mr. Tandoori Urban Bar and Grill. Five of us love Indian food while the other person in our party is picky as can be. We were intially served water with strawberries and cucumber (delicious and refreshing) and were refilled with this delightful beverage often. Four of us got the lunch buffet and eat everything from curried meatballs to curry chicken and plain naan. It was all delicious! A personal favorite was the curried rice and carrot/potato curry.

The picky person in our party decided to order chicken tikka masala with another member in our group because he wasn't happy with any of the buffet offerings. That is when we met Executive Chef Parmy Kandola. He came out to talk about the dish and offered to the picky member in our party that if he didn't like the chicken tikka, he would gladly make smaller dishes of other things so that the member of our party would be pleased. Kandola, indeed, had to come back a few times and brought out three different types of chicken for our family member. He was so gracious, generous and informative about these foods that you could truly see how much he cared about his cuisine and his customers.

In the end, our family member settled on plain chicken tikka with naan - so in essence, Kandola won! He was a such a kind man that he really made an impact on my family. We will be eating at this restaurant again and again because of Parmy Kandola, his friendly brother, and the great food here. Cheers all around! Thank you!!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Lawrence T

Been to Mr. Tandoori Urban Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!