“Awesome for newbies”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The finace was out of town and I was tired of the micorwave jk wanted to try something different. The service was a bit slow to start with. Had to wait a little bit before someone offered to help me. Once, I got helped the bartender was awesome at recommendations for food. She was right on the food was so good and plentiful I took a to go box with me. The bar offerings were great. First place I've seen in Pueblo that offer Pimms. I had a chicken dish that was awesome with nan.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had dinner here and it was absolutely great! It was soon after their evening opening, and they were seating people throughout the restaurant (a number of rooms) with an eye to giving everyone privacy. The setting is lovely and calm. The waitress was friendly and very knowledgable. The food was terrific! We ordered several different types of dishes and they were each unique, and unbelievably tasty! Attention to detail was great, including giving us a small dish of a side to try with one item because they thought the two went well together. This is by far the best Indian food we've had in recent memory, including Colorado Springs, Denver, and San Francisco.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We went there for dinner, and weren't all that impressed. Some of the food items that were supposed to be deep fried crispy weren't so crispy. And the server hadn't tasted many of the items on the menu. I think that server has since moved on, and the service is pretty good now. We've never been treated rudely. After the somewhat disappointing first dinner, we went for the lunch buffet. Here's the scoop on the buffet. The selections were varied and delicious, and fresh food was added regularly. We don't usually like buffets all that much, but this one was really good. We've been back 5-6 times and will continue to patronize this restaurant. It's our favorite place in Pueblo. We usually go there for lunch. They do have a nice outdoors seating area with bar, and we plan to give it a try.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I took my wife here for dinner on friday night. We were seated right away by a very nice young lady. Being new to indian food our waitress was very helpful at guiding us through the menu. We took her suggestions on what to order, and while waiting for our food to arrive we enjoyed the cucumber and strawberry water and the crispy popadums with chutneys. Shortly there after the food arrived and it was fabulous! We had chicken tikka masala and shrimp korma with garlic naan. We will recommend this restaurant to everyone we know.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I received an e-coupon/gift certificate of a certain amount that I could use at any participating restaurant, to which I choose Mr.Tandoori's to use during our day-trip to Pueblo. My family was seated at the very back of the restaurant where each side wall was piled with inventory. So although the decor of the place is elegant and artistic, the clutter at our view completely distracted the atmosphere. We had to request for a refill of our lentil crackers 3 times before we actually received them, and that was finally done after Erica our waitress, apologized for the long wait of our food being cooked/served. And while the cucumber/strawberry slices in water is in fact good, it was only served to us in our initial glasses, thereafter we received refills of plain ice water. It'd be interesting to find out if this is routine. The biggest issue came w/ redemption of the coupon upon payment. The waitress was inexperience with handling it, the general manager didn't have correct information on it, and the owner stated that his food was top dollar quality and not like "American food that is spiced with salt and pepper" (quote, unquote). I'm going to venture to say that the company should not include themselves in a promotional coupon organization if they are neither experienced enough to redeem them nor respectful enough to appreciate the people who use them. The waitress was trying to charge my card for the amount of the food then make me pay cash for her tip (which I didn't get at first then realized her motive- I was a waitress once, I know the tax rules), but she didn't explain her motive straight forwardly at the time making her explanation confusing- which is why the general manager and owner got involved. The service we received from beginning to end was bad. The general manager advocated the staff service rather than care about the customer's experience. The staff and owner portrayed themselves as greedy, rude, and unprofessional. I have one e-coupon left and will trash it rather then return to their restaurant.
Mandy.