“Best Indian in Pueblo....maybe all of Colorado”

Mr. Tandoori Urban Bar and Grill
Ranked #3 of 323 Restaurants in Pueblo
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I'm not familiar with Pueblo and was driving through at dinner time with my husband. We found Mr. Tandoori's listed at the top of tripadvisor's restaurants for Pueblo. Put the address in the GPS and found it straightaway. It is in the historic downtown area. The restaurant is decorated nicely and I love the colbalt blue water glasses. The server was very kind to explain the menu. We loved the thin cracker with dipping sauces she brought out. I ordered a mango chicken with basmati rice which was divine. My husband is veggie so he had a vegetarian option. There are lots of vegetarian options to choose from. The garlic naan was fresh and wonderful. They have a large variety of flavored naan to choose from. The seasonings were wonderful and if I ever found myself in Pueblo again I would definitely return. I would like to come back for the lunch buffet just to try a variety of other items. The restaurant is close to the riverwalk so we walked off our dinner afterward. It made for a lovely unexpected date night in Pueblo.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Neither my wife and I had ever eaten Indian food before, so we were somewhat apprehensive. On the other hand, the glowing reviews already posted here, some by other first-timers, encouraged us to try.

We were delighted first of all by the appetizer, an Indian version of chips and salsa. (I apologize for not knowing their proper names; I can't help describing something unfamiliar in terms of the familiar.) In this case, a huge, thin, crisp "super-chip" that was accompanied by bright red and bright green "salsas". We cracked the super-chip into bite-size pieces and couldn't decide which salsa was more delicious. The owner/chef and owner was extremely attentive and described the ingredients in the salsas, as well as suggesting what we, as first-timers, should order next.

We shared two dishes, chicken korma and chicken tikka masala, scooping up the sauces with chunks of garlic naan, a flatbread that resembles a thick flour tortilla. Both dishes had wonderful, completely novel (for us) flavors. Even our glasses of water had refreshing new flavors, thanks to small slices of cucumber instead of the usual lemon slices.

I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone, and look forward to trying some other exotic dishes on our next visit.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

The chef here may not speak English, but he sure can cook. It's as good as you'll find anywhere in the region. In the summer, the patio is the place to be, especially when there's live music. Refreshing water afloat with cucumber slices gets things off to a great start.

The lunch buffet varies, but always has several vegetable curries and the most delicious meatball curry.

If Heather or Santana wait on you, say "hi" for me.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I visited again on a Saturday for lunch and got the buffet. There were different items on the buffet than our first visit and everything was excellen! The staff was very nice as always. I got the ice tea and it has spice ground in it. It goes well with a spicy meal. I want to go in the evening and try some dishes on the menu.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I must say that I was very skeptical of trying Indian food for the first time. Mr. Tandoori's had been highly suggested from several of my friends so I decided to try it....wow was I amazed!! To start off the atmosphere is perfect for this time of year. Walked out on to the patio with a fountain, brightly lined tables and a screen for watching movies after dark. The group I was with ended up saying an hour after dinner to enjoy a drink and watch the film that night.

The waitstaff and bartender were helpful and friendly. They made great suggestions for what a first timer should try, did a great job explaining everything. Then to top it off the owner was so friendly and welcoming, stopped by our table several times to see how things were. He and his staff couldn't have been more welcoming and better hosts. The owner even said to bring a movie with us next time we came back and he would play it on the screen.

Now to the food, prepared to be blown away. Our group ordered several different things to share. My favorite was the Chicken Tikka Masala with the Garlic Naan. The flavor was intense and unlike anything I had ever experienced. Out of the several dished that we order there was not a single thing that I wouldn't order again. AMAZING FOOD!!

Mr. Tandoori's is unlike any other place in Pueblo, its in a league of its own. Will definably be back and not just for the food but the staff and atmosphere as well!