“A little pricey for the type of hotel”

Hampton Inn and Suites Pueblo-Southgate
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Pueblo
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Rooms were clean (bathroom however was not). Lobby area was very nice, staff friendly. Only real problem was another guest at the hotel must have been either drunk or very tired (or stupid) as they parked truck directly behind my car the night we arrived and effectively blocked me in all night and into the morning. This caused us major scheduling problems - the hotel staff had NOT required guests to note their plate numbers so they had no idea which room the owner of the truck was staying in. I almost called the police and had the truck towed... Not really the hotels fault but this is exactly why staff should ALWAYS make note of plate numbers and to which room the guest is staying...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Kristen R, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Pueblo-Southgate, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We apologize that the bathroom could have been cleaner and also about the parking issue. You are exactly right, our staff should get information about every vehicle in our lot for that very reason! So sorry you were inconvenienced by this issue! We will be sure to illistrate this to our staff citing your experience. We hope that you would consider staying with us again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Pueblo-Southgate

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Clean, affordable and a no surprise experience. I always stay at Hampton if I can because I know it will be great. The staff is always friendly and very helpful if I have a question or concern. I like a low carb breakfast and I can eat the way I want on what they offer.

Room Tip: I like double rooms they seem to have a little more leg room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for the great review! We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just wrapped up 2 days here, will probably choose a different property when we return in a few months. Rooms were very clean, albeit very plain. HVAC worked good but 2 of our 4 rooms didn't have a fridge/micro. We needed to use the business center, but the computer was sluggish and printer didn't work - mentioned to front-desk twice with no fix. Great coffee bar - was always hot. Not near restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback about your stay with us. We would love to have a mini-fridge and microwave in every room and hopefully sometime soon we will be able to do that. Until then we do have extras that we can place in rooms upon request. Sorry about the poor experience in our business center. We will see what we can do to improve it!

Again, thank you for your comments, it helps us adjust things to make us better!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is a very nice Hampton Inn just south of Pueblo at I-25. We have stayed here several times and each time we have been impressed. The staff at the hotel were very good. At our late night check-in, Karen at the front desk went the extra mile and told us about Pueblo's Eagle Days happening that weekend. The extraordinary indoor/outdoor pool was a wonderful experience in early February. The fitness room that is adjacent has 3 or 4 exercise machines with windows that would allow a parent to keep tabs on the kids in the pool. The hotel has a very pleasant lobby and breakfast room layout that features a large two-sided gas fireplace that opens to both areas. We had coffee in the morning in front of the fire. The suite we stayed in was nicely furnished, fairly large, with two flat screen TVs. It came with a fully equiped (except stove) kitchen. We found the neighborhood to be just fine. And because of traffic snarls, a better option for us than staying at one of the central hotels. Three miles south of the center of town. We have stayed at many hotels in Pueblo. For the value received, this is the best. AND THE ONLY HILTON HONORS CATEGORY 2 HOTEL IN THE ENTIRE STATE OF COLORADO.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for the kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review! We look forward to having you stay with again soon!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Standard Hampton Inn. Would stay there again, especially for a 12,500 point reward stay (the other Hampton in Pueblo which is very nice is twice that). Breakfast is the usual mediocre Hampton fare (this isn't a property-specific thing, but a dumbing down of the Hampton "brand standards" over the last few years which discourages individual property initiative and favors mediocre consistent quality over the exceptional, local, and quirky)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for writing a review of our property! We will certainly share your breakfast comments with Hilton. We love to hear from our guests and thank you for your honest candor. I helps us to make improvements and provide a better place to stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you do have to stop off in Pueblo and don't need anywhere fancy then this will do fine. It meets the standards of a typical Hampton in. Clean and predictable with comfortable rooms and a free breakfast a la Hampton Inn style..tasty enough to fill the gap until you reach a Starbucks!
Right off I 25 but built so the highway traffic doesn't disturb you.
You'd need a car to stay here since it is on the South of town but you can easily get to the neat area in Pueblo...the re-gentrified part of old Pueblo by the Union station depot. Two exits north on the hwy and you are there (10 mins away). This is the old industrial area that has been revitalized..little streets, riverwalk (think San Antonio..sort of) local shops, bars and restaurants ( I reviewed Mr Tandoori by the way..yum!)
So this Hampton can work for you..if you need a basic room for the night close to food and entertainment.

Room Tip: Top floor..facing west
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property! We look forward to having you back again the next time you are in our area!

Sales manager

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Most aspects of my stay were up to normal standards for a Hampton. I did have 3 issues that I brought up to the front desk:
1. I wanted my towels exchanged so I left them on the floor. However, when I came back to the room, a used towel was hung on a hook.
2. No refills of my toilitries had been made.
3. I came back to the room in the evening and the door was slightly ajar and not locked.
The front desk acknowledged my concerns but did not seem overly concerned. Huh!
Room was clean, bed was comfy. HVAC worked good and the breakfast was tasty.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Kristen R, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Pueblo-Southgate, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your review! We have shared the towel, toiletry and door issues with the staff so that we can fix these issues and preventing them from happening again! We apologize for them and especially for the lack of concern on behalf of the front desk. I'm sure if one of our staff members experienced these issues on their own trip to a hotel they want things handled appropriately! Please contact me at the hotel 719-566-1726 so I can discuss these matters with you and issue our 100% satisfaction guarantee and refund your card.

Again, thanks for the review and sorry for the inconvenience and lack of concern by our staff!

Hampton Inn & Suites Pueblo-Southgate