“Standard Hampton, nice staff, smallish room, usual breakfast, good Category 2 point redemption”

Hampton Inn and Suites Pueblo-Southgate
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Standard Hampton Inn. Would stay there again, especially for a 12,500 point reward stay (the other Hampton in Pueblo which is very nice is twice that). Breakfast is the usual mediocre Hampton fare (this isn't a property-specific thing, but a dumbing down of the Hampton "brand standards" over the last few years which discourages individual property initiative and favors mediocre consistent quality over the exceptional, local, and quirky)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kristen R, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Pueblo-Southgate, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of our property! We will certainly share your breakfast comments with Hilton. We love to hear from our guests and thank you for your honest candor. I helps us to make improvements and provide a better place to stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you do have to stop off in Pueblo and don't need anywhere fancy then this will do fine. It meets the standards of a typical Hampton in. Clean and predictable with comfortable rooms and a free breakfast a la Hampton Inn style..tasty enough to fill the gap until you reach a Starbucks!
Right off I 25 but built so the highway traffic doesn't disturb you.
You'd need a car to stay here since it is on the South of town but you can easily get to the neat area in Pueblo...the re-gentrified part of old Pueblo by the Union station depot. Two exits north on the hwy and you are there (10 mins away). This is the old industrial area that has been revitalized..little streets, riverwalk (think San Antonio..sort of) local shops, bars and restaurants ( I reviewed Mr Tandoori by the way..yum!)
So this Hampton can work for you..if you need a basic room for the night close to food and entertainment.

Room Tip: Top floor..facing west
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property! We look forward to having you back again the next time you are in our area!

Sales manager
Scott Depot, West Virginia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Most aspects of my stay were up to normal standards for a Hampton. I did have 3 issues that I brought up to the front desk:
1. I wanted my towels exchanged so I left them on the floor. However, when I came back to the room, a used towel was hung on a hook.
2. No refills of my toilitries had been made.
3. I came back to the room in the evening and the door was slightly ajar and not locked.
The front desk acknowledged my concerns but did not seem overly concerned. Huh!
Room was clean, bed was comfy. HVAC worked good and the breakfast was tasty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kristen R, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Pueblo-Southgate, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review! We have shared the towel, toiletry and door issues with the staff so that we can fix these issues and preventing them from happening again! We apologize for them and especially for the lack of concern on behalf of the front desk. I'm sure if one of our staff members experienced these issues on their own trip to a hotel they want things handled appropriately! Please contact me at the hotel 719-566-1726 so I can discuss these matters with you and issue our 100% satisfaction guarantee and refund your card.

Again, thanks for the review and sorry for the inconvenience and lack of concern by our staff!

Hampton Inn & Suites Pueblo-Southgate
Queens, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times when visiting family in the area. I certainly wouldn't consider the hotel to be in a destination area but I don't agree that it is in a "bad part of town" as one reviewer put it. It is right off a major interstate highway where the immediate area is nonresidential and only modestly developed. I would consider this a good place to stop off while traveling or if you needed to be near by.

My rooms were clean, the furnishings in good condition, and the heating/ air conditioning system also clean and working well. I did however once have a bathroom where the tub was severely scratched around the drain but the tub was clean. While the lobby and breakfast areas of the hotel are nice, the elevators are in need of updating. The carpeting and walls of the elevator are very warn and appear dirty. The staff were pleasant and friendly.
I didn't care for the breakfast much. The fruit salad was just ok and the croissants were horrible - they were dense and thick instead of light, fluffy, and flaky.

The biggest draw back was the limitation of food choices in the surrounding area. The only places to get food within walking distance were a Subway and Taco Bell. There are a couple of strip malls about 3 miles away and I was glad to find a Starbucks. I was disappointed that this Starbucks didn't have the sandwiches and meal trays I've seen at other Starbucks. A McDonald's and Burger King are in these strip malls as well. If you are detest fast-food as I do, you'll have a difficult time finding places to eat around here.

I would stay here again if needing to be in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kristen R, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Pueblo-Southgate, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We love to get guest comments so we can make adjustments and get ideas on how to make our hotel a better place to stay.

We will share your review with the staff so we can continue with the positives and fix the negatives! We will certainly share the breakfast feedback with our breakfast manager and food suppliers to see if improvements can be made.

We'd be happy to give you some local restaruant suggestions and directions of some of our favorites! We agree with you and would LOVE to have more restaruant choices closer to us. There are many down the road but within walking distance would be great. We are hoping with the recent addition of the Minnequa sports fields just across from our area will bring more shops, restaruants, and other businesses to our immediate area. Pueblo Urban Renewal is working hard improving the street scapes and will be adding more recreation and family activities to our area as well!

Again, thanks so much for your review! We look forward to having you back again the next time you are in town!
Pueblo CO
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel has everything going for it: cleanliness, decor, great hot breakfast, friendly staff, convenient location. No complaints at all. There are fast food eateries close by, a convenience store, and a chain restaurant. One reviewer said that it's in a bad part of town, but I don't agree. The hotel is right off the interstate in an area where a nice new neighborhood borders an older, so-so neighborhood. I felt safe there, even at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kristen R, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Pueblo-Southgate, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others! We're so gald you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
Oklahoma
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My family stopped here on our trip and really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very attentive to my requests. Our room was clean, and they served a nice breakfast. The hotel is right off I I-25. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Kristen R, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Pueblo-Southgate, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thanks for your review! We're so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay! We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope that you can come back again to visit us soon! Thanks again for the kind words!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was scared when approaching this hotel as this part of Pueblo is pretty scary. The hotel is across from a deserted greyhound race track and other sketchy areas. The hotel though is quite nice. The room was very clean and updated. The staff was very nice as well. On Wednesdays they have free food for all their guests which included chili hot dogs, soda, chips, salad and cookies all for free. Very nice. Hopefully don't have to come back to Pueblo again, but if I do, would stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kristen R, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Pueblo-Southgate, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to submit a review! We love to hear guest feedback!

We are pleased to say that Pueblo Urban Renewal is working very hard restoring the area immediately around our hotel. They have started a beautiful street scape program as well as installing a new recreation area including new softball fields and renovations of Lake Minnequa and the surrounding area. We can't wait until the completion of these exciting new renovations and additions to our area!

The former Pueblo Greyhound Park is now the Southern Colorado Events & Gaming Center which includes horse and greyhound simulcasts, restaurant, Finish Line Bar & Grill and hosts numerous different types of events throughout the year, as well as the option to rent thie facility to host events!

Thank you for your kinds words about our property and our staff! We are so glad that you got to enjoy our Wednesday night Manager's Reception! We're sorry your impression of Pueblo wasn't better. We welcome you back anytime and maybe we could change your mind!

Hampton Inn & Suites Pueblo-Southgate