“A Great Experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Pueblo, Colorado
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed the fantastic service, the enjoyable food and the atmosphere was pleasant and clean. Above all, the service stood out as excellent.

Houston
“I like it!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Don't care what my wife says.......I like olive garden. No matter where you are they are consistent. My salad, chicken parmesan w/ spaghetti side tasted just as expected.

Visited July 2012
Johnstown, Colorado
“Disappointing Compared to Other Visits”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have visited the Pueblo Olive Garden on many different occasions and have always left happy. Not so much this time. Now I understand why Darden, the corporate HQ of Olive Garden might be struggling currently. I should have been a little suspicious when we arrived at 600 PM on a Friday night and were immediately seated, lots of empty tables around. Everything from then on seemed to happen completely out of sync. I began to look around when we hadn’t been approached by a server for about 10 minutes. The server finally approached and began apologizing (which is always a bad sign in my book), she was new, they hadn’t told her that she had the table, and worst of all, she was dizzy and shouldn’t have come to work. My daughter is a long-time server with a different chain so I am generally very sympathetic about servers having a bad day. We ordered drinks, and even that simple act turned into an experience. I asked for an Italian beer and the server told me she had never heard of it and didn’t think they carried it. I assured her I had it there before and to please check. My wife’s glass of wine order drew a half dozen questions. We ordered a fried calamari appetizer, which arrived as a skimpy portion of unidentifiable chunks. Not a tentacle in sight. I was reminded of the old “parts is parts” chicken commercial. There were even a handful of twice fried and burned chunks of breading on the plate. We had to remind the server to bring us the salad and bread sticks. The wine and beer arrived separately. Like I said, totally out of sync.

I ordered the Seafood Brodetto and the wife her usual Spaghetti Marinara. My entrée was really very good. Very flavorful and full of assorted shellfish and seafood. My wife never complains about her spags and red sauce. Our entrees were brought out by the restaurant manager, and we never saw our original server again.

Clearly understanding that there were problems with our visit, the manager comped us both with desserts. The desserts are excellent and free makes them even tastier.

I like the Olive Garden menu and hope that our next visit is more that our previous experiences.

• Visited August 2012
Colorado
“Always a joy to go”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Staff is so pleasant here and the food is always cooked to perfection and fresh.

Visited May 2012
Walsenburg, Colorado, United States
“not up to par”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

food not up to what we had had before , will only go for salad and soup .

Visited May 2012