“A wonderful stay”

Courtyard Pueblo Downtown
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Pueblo
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Marriott is my favorite hotel chain because i always know to expect a clean and comfortable room. This location was exceptional with comfy beds and great personal service. I enjoyed my night there very much. It was convenient for me on my travels and easy to locate. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
InterstateHotels, General Manager at Courtyard Pueblo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Marsha, we're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive daily to provide excellent customer service and a quality product at the Courtyard by Marriott Pueblo. Thank you for leaving your feedback, and we hope you'll come stay with us again to experience our newly renovated lobby, restaurant, and public spaces!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Due to the remodel in progress, we had to be taken to our room by an employee, they couldn't make a key card. The room was good with a couple of problems: there was a small amount of mold in the shower, not much but I wouldn't have it in my home; and second it took the A/C til about 3 AM. They did have a key card for us when we returned from dinner.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
InterstateHotels, General Manager at Courtyard Pueblo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Charles E,

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Pueblo, and we appreciate your time in leaving your comments. As you mention, we are in the midst of a public space renovation, so please pardon a couple of minor difficulties. We do hope you'll visit us again when our renovation is complete, so you can fully experience our new look!

Lyla Rentschler, GM

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hard hat zone at this moment, this hotel is a former Marriott that's being rebranded as a Courtyard. Work in the lobby makes me think they're going for the new cafe I have seen in other Courtyards recently which is a nice change. But right now its kind of rough. Breakfast is in a meeting room if you're determined to eat in. Rooms are good, with all the goodies you expect in a Marrriott/Courtyard. This should be an excellent property when the renovation is over.

Room Tip: Interesting views in all directions, but the mountains are to the west.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
InterstateHotels, General Manager at Courtyard Pueblo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Lesuerg,

We appreciate you staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Pueblo! As you mention, we are currently revamping all of our public space, including the front desk and lobby, and converting our restaurant to the Courtyard Bistro. It will be a sight to see, and we hope you'll come check us out again once everything is complete!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I don't like driving when visiting a place. I like to walk rather than thinking about how to get back. This hotel is located very close to restaurants, hang outs., They do have a restaurant, lounge on site as well. The hotel staff was knowledgeable and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
InterstateHotels, General Manager at Courtyard Pueblo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

OfficeDella,

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Pueblo! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our downtown location, and were able to easily walk to and from the local restaurants and attractions. If your travels bring you back to Pueblo, we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is a quality place in a surprisingly nice "village" of Pueblo, Colorado. I say village as the area around the hotel has that small town Colorado feel and architecture that reminds of some other Colorado towns such as Salida and has a unique "Creative Corridor" and river walk section that is very enjoyable and worth a visit..

The hotel itself was clean and modern and connects to the convention center. Nice breakfast, lobby and bar areas. Rooms were clean and functionable. In fact my only issue was that my reservation for a king size bed failed on the 1st night as I was informed that all king size bed rooms were booked. Yeah, I booked one, a month ago! Rather than go "Seinfeld" on them by reminding that the most important part of a reservation is the reserving part, I accepted a room with two tiny beds and held onto my wife for dear life all night for fear of falling onto the floor. A tough start to a business trip, particularly when I had to present to a couple of hundred people the next morning.

I was moved to a king size room the 2nd day and it all was good. I was "compensated" with an apology note from the manager and a free snack from the restaurant, which I never had a chance to use. The staff was friendly and smiled a lot, so it was hard to get too upset with them. Nice folks.

All in all, a good hotel at a good value, other than the reservation blunder.

Room Tip: Some of my group were woken by a loud train whistle on each night around 3:00AM. They had rooms on...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
InterstateHotels, General Manager at Courtyard Pueblo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

We appreciate your time in posting your comments, and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Pueblo. As you noted, our location in downtown Pueblo is perfect to enjoy our small town Colorado feel! Please accept my apologies for our reservation error, and know that I'll be reviewing this with the staff to make sure it doesn't happen again. We hope to see you again when you're back in the Pueblo area!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We chose this hotel for the closeness to the river walk. The room was clean and the beds were fabulous, but for over $100.00 for one night the price was not worth it. Continental breakfast was to be open until 9:30 a.m. We went down at 8:30, and no breakfast. The price was the biggest sticker shock.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main street, not only noisy, but the lights from the hotel lot can s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
InterstateHotels, General Manager at Courtyard Pueblo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

We appreciate your time in posting your feedback, and thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Pueblo. We are happy that you found our downtown location to be perfect for visiting the Riverwalk, and that you enjoyed our comfy beds. I apologize for the early breakfast closure...I'll be sure to address this with the staff.

We are competitively priced with similar hotels in the area, and offer great value for guests visiting downtown Pueblo. We hope you'll give us another chance to earn your business.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have tried most hotels in the Pueblo area and always come back to Marriott. We chose a suite this time and it was great. The room was very clean (even around the edges). I check those things because they are important to me. The suites are on the back side of the hotel. We were on the 7th floor and it was a bit noisy with all the mechanicals on the roof. We did get used to the rumble sound. Maybe a lower floor would not be so loud. The bed was very comfortable. We had a living room and a separate bedroom with a door. Each room had a flat screen TV. I could go to bed and shut the door and my husband could stay up and watch TV in the other room. We did have breakfast in the hotel restaurant. It was a liitle pricey. Eggs were runny and bacon was undercooked, so we ate elsewhere the following day. All in all a great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. They do not cost that much more and it gives you room to spread out. Ask for a lowe...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your time in posting your comments about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Pueblo! We appreciate your loyalty, and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that our breakfast offerings were a little undercooked...I'll be sure to address that with our kitchen staff before your next stay.