“Will be better soon” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Kansas City
“Will be better soon”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hard hat zone at this moment, this hotel is a former Marriott that's being rebranded as a Courtyard. Work in the lobby makes me think they're going for the new cafe I have seen in other Courtyards recently which is a nice change. But right now its kind of rough. Breakfast is in a meeting room if you're determined to eat in. Rooms are good, with all the goodies you expect in a Marrriott/Courtyard. This should be an excellent property when the renovation is over.

Room Tip: Interesting views in all directions, but the mountains are to the west.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
InterstateHotels, General Manager at Courtyard Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Lesuerg,

We appreciate you staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Pueblo! As you mention, we are currently revamping all of our public space, including the front desk and lobby, and converting our restaurant to the Courtyard Bistro. It will be a sight to see, and we hope you'll come check us out again once everything is complete!

Lyla Rentschler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Creede, colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I don't like driving when visiting a place. I like to walk rather than thinking about how to get back. This hotel is located very close to restaurants, hang outs., They do have a restaurant, lounge on site as well. The hotel staff was knowledgeable and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InterstateHotels, General Manager at Courtyard Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
OfficeDella,

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Pueblo! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our downtown location, and were able to easily walk to and from the local restaurants and attractions. If your travels bring you back to Pueblo, we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is a quality place in a surprisingly nice "village" of Pueblo, Colorado. I say village as the area around the hotel has that small town Colorado feel and architecture that reminds of some other Colorado towns such as Salida and has a unique "Creative Corridor" and river walk section that is very enjoyable and worth a visit..

The hotel itself was clean and modern and connects to the convention center. Nice breakfast, lobby and bar areas. Rooms were clean and functionable. In fact my only issue was that my reservation for a king size bed failed on the 1st night as I was informed that all king size bed rooms were booked. Yeah, I booked one, a month ago! Rather than go "Seinfeld" on them by reminding that the most important part of a reservation is the reserving part, I accepted a room with two tiny beds and held onto my wife for dear life all night for fear of falling onto the floor. A tough start to a business trip, particularly when I had to present to a couple of hundred people the next morning.

I was moved to a king size room the 2nd day and it all was good. I was "compensated" with an apology note from the manager and a free snack from the restaurant, which I never had a chance to use. The staff was friendly and smiled a lot, so it was hard to get too upset with them. Nice folks.

All in all, a good hotel at a good value, other than the reservation blunder.

Room Tip: Some of my group were woken by a loud train whistle on each night around 3:00AM. They had rooms on...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
InterstateHotels, General Manager at Courtyard Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We appreciate your time in posting your comments, and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Pueblo. As you noted, our location in downtown Pueblo is perfect to enjoy our small town Colorado feel! Please accept my apologies for our reservation error, and know that I'll be reviewing this with the staff to make sure it doesn't happen again. We hope to see you again when you're back in the Pueblo area!

Leadville, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We chose this hotel for the closeness to the river walk. The room was clean and the beds were fabulous, but for over $100.00 for one night the price was not worth it. Continental breakfast was to be open until 9:30 a.m. We went down at 8:30, and no breakfast. The price was the biggest sticker shock.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main street, not only noisy, but the lights from the hotel lot can s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
InterstateHotels, General Manager at Courtyard Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We appreciate your time in posting your feedback, and thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Pueblo. We are happy that you found our downtown location to be perfect for visiting the Riverwalk, and that you enjoyed our comfy beds. I apologize for the early breakfast closure...I'll be sure to address this with the staff.

We are competitively priced with similar hotels in the area, and offer great value for guests visiting downtown Pueblo. We hope you'll give us another chance to earn your business.

Lakewood, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have tried most hotels in the Pueblo area and always come back to Marriott. We chose a suite this time and it was great. The room was very clean (even around the edges). I check those things because they are important to me. The suites are on the back side of the hotel. We were on the 7th floor and it was a bit noisy with all the mechanicals on the roof. We did get used to the rumble sound. Maybe a lower floor would not be so loud. The bed was very comfortable. We had a living room and a separate bedroom with a door. Each room had a flat screen TV. I could go to bed and shut the door and my husband could stay up and watch TV in the other room. We did have breakfast in the hotel restaurant. It was a liitle pricey. Eggs were runny and bacon was undercooked, so we ate elsewhere the following day. All in all a great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. They do not cost that much more and it gives you room to spread out. Ask for a lowe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your time in posting your comments about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Pueblo! We appreciate your loyalty, and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that our breakfast offerings were a little undercooked...I'll be sure to address that with our kitchen staff before your next stay.

Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed at this Marriott 3times and it is the best place to stay in Pueblo. This hotel is very clean, and the staff is the best. The beds are extremely comfortable, and the rooms are very clean.
I would recommend getting a drink at the bar. Steve is the best bartender!!!!!! I had a " sex on the beach " and it was truly the best drink I have ever had. I would definitly recommend this hotel without hesitation. Great location as it is close to restaurants, freeways, and shopping. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InterstateHotels, General Manager at Courtyard Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We always appreciate hearing feedback from our guests, so thank you for your time in providing your comments about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Pueblo! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we'll be sure to alert Steve of your comments. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Pueblo West, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

My bride and I stayed here for Valentine's Day, because we attended a dinner theater in the Historic District. This recently changed from Marriott to Courtyard by Marriott, It is a decent property and value located close to the Pueblo Historical District. The room was clean, comfy, and quiet...We will bring out own pillows from now on when we travel (memory foam). This is the best place to stay in Pueblo. We would probably stay here again if the situation warrants that we stay in Pueblo.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple