“Sunday Brunch”

Coyote Grille
Ranked #213 of 323 Restaurants in Pueblo
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: zip code - 81003 The restaurant is on the riverwalk in Pueblo. 719-549-2230
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is my second time going to Brunch. The first time was last year and recently with husband and friends. I made reservations but there seem to be confusion with our table when we arrived. Our party of four were seated at a large table for 10 people. Later I found my name on another table. It was a large table too. They must have larger groups inside and smaller groups on the patio? We were offered to eat on the patio.They did have heaters on the patio but since it was 32 degrees outside we wanted to eat inside. The food was very good but it seem some things were missing this time. Our party of four was there between 10 am and 11:30 am. There was no rolls, toast, or biscuits offered. I have never seen a brunch or any kind of breakfast without rolls or biscuits. They did have pastries, cookies, and banana bread. They had enchiladas when we arrived. I did not get one at first. My husband said they were good. My friend tried to get one around 11 am and was told they were out and would not make anymore. We thought this was odd since brunch is served till 2 PM. Since they did not have bread, I asked if they could make me some toast. The waiter said he would have to ask the kitchen staff. The did bring me some. They did not have hash brown or fried potatoes. They had some kind of scallop potatoes. The staff were nice. They kept our drinks filled. It did take a while to get our check and leave. We had two separate tickets but for some reason the waitress put both tickets on one credit card. We didn't have cash with us and our friends ended up paying for our meal :( I'm not sure if I would go back for brunch but I would like to try them for lunch or dinner next time.

1  Thank Candace71

Reviewed October 19, 2013

this is a nice place nice patio dining, good selection for a brunch
wait staff very pleasant
Food seemed fresh

1  Thank NANCY C
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great experience great food loved sitting on the patio and enjoying the view. Great place to have and event or to bring your children.

1  Thank Ken H
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Excellent food, service, and view. Jim Beatty and his staff have a wonderful resturant and do and excellent job in accomidating us with whatever we needed. Hosted a bridal shower there and it was perfect!

1  Thank Chastitie G
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is our second visit here. The first was for lunch during the week, and we very much enjoyed the menu variety, the portions, the prices and the wait staff. This review is for their Sunday Brunch (9:00 AM to 2:00PM). We did not have reservations, and arrived at about 12:15 PM. Being one of the first really warm days, it seemed as if all of Pueblo showed up, and most without reservations. Accordingly, the restaurant was understaffed, and very chaotic. When you see the hostess busing tables and not being able to greet visitors, you know it's bad. They also weren't writing down names in order of arrival, so people were sometimes seated out of order. We were seated within a half-hour, and chose the brunch to make up for waiting so long to get seated. At $15.95/person, it seemed reasonable, considering prime rib, pork loin, poached eggs, hash browns, link sausages, bacon, vegetables, and several sweet rolls, cake etc. Our first trip through the line found several steam trays empty, but shortly thereafter the kitchen caught up with the onslaught and fresh items were brought out. All the food was excellent. The prime rib was a bit too rare for my taste, but still good quality. It took an inordinately long time to get our check, and then even longer to get noticed to pay with our credit card.

Would we come back to this restaurant? Definitely. We love the normal menu. It's a delightful spot and the food is always top notch. Would be come back for the brunch? Probably not. If we did, however, we'd definitely make reservations, assuming that would help the chaos. We like the people who run this place, and they try very hard to please. As retired folks, we can come during the week; enjoy the view; and enjoy the pleasant no-rush pace.